Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Sick, Soup, Sewing!!!!


What do they all have in common??? Well, it's what's going on in this house this morning.

Jasmine is home from school, remember the birthday party on sunday with the water balloons and getting soaked down??? I guess that was the beginning, because yesterday everyone started sniffling and by this morning, the kids are both running fevers and not feeling well and I'm not much better off either.

Right now I have some homemade chicken soup cooking away on the stove, it smells heavenly and it's one of those things that just make you think of childhood days. I vividly remember my greatgrandmother making chicken soup and checking on me while I lay in bed surrounded by books or napping. Gosh I miss her!!!

Anyway, the kids are settled in front of the tv, pillows, blankets and favorite cuddly toys in hand, some whimpering is heard at times and even some bickering, but for the most part they're too miserable to mess around. I'm keeping them fed and giving them plenty of fluids.

I so wish I could also just veg out on the couch, but I can't, I need to take care of them and there's still a house that needs taking care of, so I'm hoping to get all that stuff done and out of the way so I can sit back and do some sewing.


I'm always looking for projects or crafts to make with the kids, so this weekend we've decided to try our hand at some Rock Candy. The kids are excited and honestly, so am I. I'm hoping it turns out good.

If everyone is feeling well, we're also planning a day at the Castles and Coasters Amusement Park........though if we're not, it's home with movies, popcorn and cuddling on the couch. For some reason the second choice is more appealing to me!!!

And now I need to get off, I wish I could chat more today but kids need my attention and I'm feeling a little queasy myself. I feel like I have a chest cold and when I was at the doctor he said it's caused by a lot of dust and pollution in the air around here. I've been coughing and seems that it's loosening up all the gunk in there which actually makes me sick to my stomach.....sorry if I grossed anyone out.

I'm going to finish off the chicken soup and make myself a cup of hot tea with some honey and lemon.

Honey Lemon Tea

INGREDIENTS

* 1 cup water
* 2 teaspoons honey
* 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
* 1 teaspoon white sugar, or to taste

DIRECTIONS

1. Pour water into a mug. Add honey and heat in the microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds. Stir in lemon juice, mixing until honey is dissolved, then stir in the sugar.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope yall get to feeling better!
and you are a great nother!
and I love your new layout on your blog. I wish I can fix up a new layout on mine if i knew how. i dont know how to do the heading size and the sidebar stuff.
tasha

Cheri said...

I hope you all feel better soon- the flu is going around our area also! Not fun- I can't believe all this sickness is here already and it's only September!

Cheri

Mari said...

Sorry to hear that almost the whole house is sick. I hope Curt stays healthy and the rest of you bounce back quick!

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

Hope you all feel better soon! My kids have had a cold the last couple of days - loading them up on zinc and love, seems to be doing the trick.\

Chicken noodle soup sounds amazing right now - it's freezing and very Autumn-ish here today.

-Andrea

Barb said...

Oh no, not again, Sandra. I hope it passes quickly this time.

We just found Cameron has an awful virus today. Hoping that passes quickly too but he'll definitely be with me for the next several days.

Homemade chicken noodle soup sounds wonderful.

Anonymous said...

I think its just going around... sniff sniff! I just got a terrible heat cold, and was on antibiotics, and steroids! Hope you all feel better.

PS Honey and lemon help too and lots of steam ( Head in front of dishwasher works well, and humidifiers!

smilnsigh said...

Oh crap... Hope it's just what my Grands have been having... fever and etc., but only lasts for 2 days.

And hope you are the same. Quickly getting over it, I mean.

And just think, school just started! Eeeek! Aren't I the helpful one, hu? Not!

Cute new Header!

Don't do any more than necessary, other than seeing to the kids. TLC of Mommy too. Long Winter facing you, ya' know.

Hugs,
Mari-Nanci

smilnsigh said...

That should have read...

"TLC for Mommy too."

Mari-Nanci

Annie said...

I sure hope you all feel better soon!
I love rock candy, hope you'll tell me how it turns out!
*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·’ * Annie *

Susanne said...

Homemade chicken soup and hot lemon & honey tea. Brings back memories of my mom taking care of me.

Hope you're feeling better soon!

Michelle said...

Hugs to all in the family!!feel better soon.I hope the cold is short lived.
((((hugs))))

Katy said...

oh gosh..i hope you all start feeling better soon! I found your blog off of another blog and it looks so cute! I am so sorry you are all under the weather right now though!!!!

Jen said...

Keep us posted on the rock candy....I need some ideas for weekends this winter....

Anonymous said...

Oh I hope you all feel better soon! Those rock candy sticks look great.

Hugs n' love
Sarah

Lulu said...

hope the kids are feeling better..