Thursday, September 20, 2007

Slow Cooking Thursday!!!


Morning ladies, it's thursday and time for another Slow Cooking Thursday. I'm sporting a new SCT banner so go ahead and update your old ones when you get a chance.

Thank you again to all the participants, I've gotten such a wonderful collection of recipes already and can't wait to see more.

Don't forget to add your name to Mr Linky and a link back to your SCT post so others can come by and see your recipe too.

Today I'm sharing 2 recipes from my new Gooseberry Patch "Slow Cooker Recipes" it's FULL of great doable recipes and I can't wait to start trying them.


Honey Mustard Short Ribs
"Thaw frozen roasts before slow cooking, if possible. Otherwise, cook on high for the first hour, then reduce to low and cook as usual....ingredients will rise quickly to a safe temperate"


3 to 4 lbs. bone in beef short ribs
salt and pepper to taste
1 c. hickory smoke-flavored barbecue sauce
3 T. honey
1 T. Dijon mustard
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 T. cornstarch
2 T. cold water

Sprinkle ribs with salt and pepper; place in a slow cooker and set aside. Combine barbecue sauce, honey, mustard, garlic and additional salt and pepper, if desired; pour over ribs. Cover and cook on low setting for 6 to 7 hours. During the last 30 minutes of cooking, whisk cornstarch into water; add to slow cooker, stirring until thickened.
Serves 4.

***************************************


Easy-Peasy Berry Cobbler
Stock up during berry-picking season for delicious desserts! Lay unwashed berries on baking sheeets and freeze, then pack into bags for the freezer. When you're ready to use them, rinse berries in a colander. They'll thaw quickly.

16-oz. pkg. frozen mixed berries
1/2 c. sugar
12-oz. tube refrigerated biscuits
cinnamon to taste

Pour frozen berries into a slow cooker and stir in sugar. Arrange biscuits on top; sprinkle with cinnamon to taste. Cover and cook on high setting for 3 hours. Serve warm.
Makes 8 to 12 servings.


13 comments:

Renee said...

I know I say this every week but it's really true! Both recipes sound delicious! I have bookmarked them for future use. Thanks so much for hosting.

Anonymous said...

The Cobbler looks especially good. Have you made this? I am wondering how th ebiscuits turn out?

MJ

Sandra said...

Renee - Thank you ♥

mjpuzzlemom - I haven't tried this one yet, I am also wondering how the biscuits turn out. I'll probably try it this weekend and then let you all know :)

Kyra said...

Thanks for hosting! I look forward to Thursday!

Overwhelmed! said...

Okay, Sandra, let me know too how the cobbler one turns out. It sounds delicious but I'm wondering if the biscuits end up soggy.

Thanks for sharing!

My slow cooker recipe is right here.

Anonymous said...

sounds great i have to try it

Michelle said...

OH Sandra these recipes both look so good .Thanks for hosting and sharing every week.Have a great day

Cheri said...

I'm anxious to see how you like the dessert recipe- It looks so good!
Cheri

Eden said...

Yummy!!! I'm actually making your orange thyme chicken today!!! It smells soo good!!

Hugs,
EDEn

Terri said...

The cobbler looks delicious. I'll give that a try soon. I made your blender pie and loved it!

Mari said...

These both look really good. I'll be waiting for the review too!

Lulu said...

looks delich Sandra

Michelle said...

oh both of those recipes look and sound delicious!