Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Slow Cooking Thursday!!!

Before I start I want to tell you about something going on in Blogland, for those of you who have been around for a while you may remember the wonderful lady at "Overwhelmed with Joy" hosting the Holiday Cooking Blogger Style last year.

Well she's doing it again and I'm definitely going to be participating, I shared some of my family's favorite Holiday recipes last year and can't wait to share more. So if this is something you're interested in doing, just go on over and read the rules and explanation.


Morning ladies, it's thursday and time for another Slow Cooking Thursday. I'm sporting a new SCT banner so go ahead and update your old ones when you get a chance.

Thank you again to all the participants, I've gotten such a wonderful collection of recipes already and can't wait to see more.

Don't forget to add your name to Mr Linky and a link back to your SCT post so others can come by and see your recipe too.



BURGUNDY MEATLOAF


2 lbs. ground beef
2 eggs
1 c. soft bread crumbs
1 onion, chopped
1/2 c. Burgundy wine or beef broth
1/2 c. fresh parsley, chopped
1 T. fresh basil, chopped
1-1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
5 slices bacon
1 bay leaf
8-oz. can tomato sauce

Combine ground beef, eggs, crumbs, onion, wine or broth and seasonings in a large bowl; mix well and set aside. Criss-cross 3 bacon slices on a 12-inch square of aluminum foil. Form meat mixture into a 6-inch round loaf on top of bacon. Cut remaining bacon slices in half; arrange on top of meatloaf. Place bay leaf on top. Lift meatloaf by aluminum foil into a slow cooker; cover and cook on high setting for one hour. Reduce to low setting and continue cooking, covered, for an additional 4 hours. Remove meatfloaf from slow cooker by lifting foil. Place on a serving platter, discarding foil, bacon and bay leaf.
Warm tomato sauce and spoon over sliced meatloaf. Serves 4 to 6.

**Tote alonge a slow-cooker dish to the church supper or neighborhood block party..plug it back in as soon as you arrive. The food will be hot and tasty!**


16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandra
Can't believe I am first. Thank you for the sweet award I love having you for a daughter.:)
I love fall too.
Have a blessed day.
Hugs,
Elizabeth

Annie said...

Happy Thursday Sandra,
the recipe looks yummy.

Mrs.T said...

Hi Sandra...

Thanks for hosting this! That meat loaf looks delicious. We will definitely be trying that!

Anonymous said...

IM GONNA HAVE TO TRY THIS ONE!
SOUNDS YUMMY!
HAVE GOOD THURSDAY

Anonymous said...

Oh Sandra, that meatloaf looks wonderful! I made a meatloaf this week for dinner one night when our veggie daughter was babysitting.....I remembered that I always have a problem with my meatloaves falling apart after they are cooked. They don't stay together nicely like your photo shows....any suggestions?

Blessings!
In Him,
Lori4squaremom

Michelle said...

Hi Sandra,The meatloaf looks so delicious thanks for sharing that one and also for hosting everyweek.

Sandra said...

Lori - Do you use an egg or two as the glue for it??? Also sometimes too much breadcrumbs will make it fall apart. Without knowing the ingredients you use or how much, it's kinda hard to tell.

Anonymous said...

This looks good. Thanks for hosting!


MJ

Kyra said...

Can't wait to try this one, thanks!

Anonymous said...

wow, this meatloaf looks so good! I've never cooked meatloaf in a crockpot before. My husband will love this recipe!

Michelle said...

oh that sounds like a very tasty, and moist, meatloaf - yum!

Anonymous said...

I just found this meme and I am so thrilled. I love my slow coker, my husband is not always impressed. I keep trying.

Overwhelmed! said...

Hooray, Sandra! You've had a great turnout for your Slow Cooker Thursday recipe exchange todady! :)

Your meat loaf recipe sounds good. I'm keeping it in mind to try!

Thanks for the plug you gave my upcoming Holiday Cooking, Blogger Style recipe exchange. I do appreciate it!

Anonymous said...

I'm finally back to SCT! Better late than never, right? This is my first chance on the internet all day!

The meatloaf sounds wonderful! My dh would go wild if he saw that recipe w/ the bacon! I'll definitely have to try it!

Hugs to you,

Sherry

Susanne said...

Yum, my family loves meatloaf.

P.S. Tagged you over at my site!

Anonymous said...

Mmmm...looks yummy! I noticed the two cookbooks listed on your sidebar. I have the FIFI cookbook...but I'm curious, do you like the Slow Cooker Recipes by Gooseberry Patch?