Thursday, November 13, 2008

Slow Cooking Thursday!

[sctbutton.jpg]

All my slow cooking recipes are now online and starting today, I will add all the recipes shared weekly to my online del.icio.us site too. So if you're wanting to find ALL the slow cooked recipes that have been shared since the first SLOW COOKING THURSDAY, here is the link for you.

Don't forget to add your name to Mr Linky and a link back to your SCT post so others can come by and see your recipe too.

As always, share your slow cooking recipes but if you REALLY REALLY don't have one and still want to participate, then you can share any kind of recipe.

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1731/images/1731_MEDIUM.jpg

Creamy Leek and Potato Soup

6 medium leeks -- (2 pounds) thinly sliced
4 medium potatoes -- (1 1/2 lbs) cut into 1/2" cubes
2 14. 5 oz cans vegetable broth
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 cup half and half
chopped fresh chives -- if desired

Mix all ingredients except half and half and chives in a 3 1/2 to 6 quart slow cooker.

Cover and cook on low heat for 8 to 10 hours or on high heat for 4 to 5

hours or until vegetables are tender.

Pour vegetable mixture by batches into blender or food processor. Cover and blend on high speed until smooth; return to slow cooker. Stir in half and half.

Cover and cook on low heat for 20 to 30 minutes or until hot. Sprinkle with chives.


17 comments:

Jen said...

This looks really good. I can't wait to try it.

Betsy said...

Looks very yummy!

Anonymous said...

Potato soup is on of my favorites. And your photo looks amazing!!

Anonymous said...

Looks delicious!

Anonymous said...

Your soup looks delicious!
Now if we'd ever get a cold evening here, soup would be perfect!

Pug1 said...

Hi Sandra...your food looks great! Doesn't surprise me being that you're Portuguese, haha,I have a Portuguese heritage as well! Are you from the New England area? BTW I am a Christian and have a Pug too!!!!!!

Renee said...

This soups looks so good! I can't wait to make it. Hope your kiddo's are feeling better soon. My are sick too; cold season is no fun.

Thought you might be interested in this food blog:

http://www.fromourhometoyours.blogspot.com/

Cris stopped by my food blog last Friday and it looks great. Here's the english version too:

http://www.fromourhometoyours-en.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Yummy!!

gail@more than a song said...

I was going to try a similar recipe for potato soup last month, it had leeks in it also. Got everything ready and put in crockpot, came back several hours later close to dinner time and I had forgotten to plug the thing in! It works better when I plug it in. :)

Anonymous said...

That looks delish Sandra!

threesidesofcrazy said...

I can't wait to try this soup! Looks really Yummy~

Shell in your Pocket said...

I love any soup with potatoe!
-sandy toes

Angela's Kitchen said...

Looks good! Sorry I don't have anything for this week. My refrigerator died and that has thrown my menu for a loop! It should be fixed Tuesday, so I catch you next week.

Anonymous said...

Yum!!

Anonymous said...

The potato/leek soup looks good but can i sub onions for leeks? never worked with leeks before. Vikki www.food-self-sufficiency.blogspot.com

Blessed Beyond said...

Yummy~~

Blessed Beyond said...

Yummy~~