Thursday, January 01, 2009

Slow Cooking Thursday!

[sctbutton.jpg]

All my slow cooking recipes are now online and starting today, I will add all the recipes shared weekly to my online del.icio.us site too. So if you're wanting to find ALL the slow cooked recipes that have been shared since the first SLOW COOKING THURSDAY, here is the link for you.

Don't forget to add your name to Mr Linky and a link back to your SCT post so others can come by and see your recipe too.

As always, share your slow cooking recipes but if you REALLY REALLY don't have one and still want to participate, then you can share any kind of recipe.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2359/2130287689_63a977b6a3.jpg

Mexican Red Chili

1 lb Hamburger meat (lean)
3 lg Jalapenos, seeded and chopped
1/2 lb Hot sausage
1/2 lb Stew meat
1 c Chopped onion
3/4 c Chopped bell pepper
2/3 c Chopped celery
1 cn New Orleans kidney beans
3 tb Chili powder
1 ts Salt
3 lg Garlic cloves; minced
1 c French onion soup
1 cn Chopped green chilies
1 cn Tomatoes
2 cn Tomato sauce
1/2 ts Sugar
1 tb Cayenne
1 ts Oregano
2 tb Jalapeno juice
1/4 ts Garlic powder
3/4 ts Tabasco sauce
1/2 ts Cumin
1/2 ts Onion powder

Marinate stew meat with jalapeno juice, onion powder and garlic powder. Refrigerate 24 hours. Brown hamburger meat with onion and garlic and bell pepper and cumin. Brown sausage; remove brown stew meat. Mix all meat. Add soup, tomato sauce, tomatoes and beans (drained). Add jalapenos, chili powder, cayenne, oregano, celery and chili peppers, salt, sugar, Tabasco. Cook at medium heat 2 hours.


6 comments:

Mari said...

Yummy - that looks good! I didn't have time to get a post ready, but will work on one for next week!

threesidesofcrazy said...

Oh YUMMY - I love a good chili!

Anonymous said...

I just made a big pot of chili day before yesterday! We just love it in the colder months. I will have to try this version!

Did you know there is a McLeod's Daughters movie from 1996? I found it on You Tube. It's in like seven parts. I only watched a big, and Tess has shorter dark hair and Clair has long lighter brown hair. Too strange! But I will still watch it!

And once again, you have me! I got 1940s house from Netflix. I'm glad we have similar taste so we can find more to read and watch!

Sherry

Anonymous said...

That looks soooo good!! I usually make chili every few months, but haven't made any for quite a while. Thanks for a new chili recipe.

Anonymous said...

I know I'm a day late! But I did it!

Anonymous said...

hi that chilli looks
good oh and thanks for praying for my moms recovery from her sugrey
god bless your family
katrina finch