Thursday, February 05, 2009

{ 31 Days of Prayer for my Husband } - Day 5



I feel that behind every wonderful blogging woman I have come to know, there is an amazing man, they are the ones working in the background. The ones providing for our families, fixing what is broken around the house, giving us a hug when we're down, listening to our bad days, putting up with the constant flashing of cameras in their eyes (admit it, you tote that camera around just as much as I do LOL).

So I think they need to be recognized and admired and acknowledged for the wonderful husbands they are and what better way to do that, than to devote a whole month of prayer to them. Will you join me?

Embark with me on a journey for the next 31 Days, in which we devote ourselves to prayer for our husbands.



Day 5

Pray that your husband will be faithful to his wedding vows. Pray that he will have a desire to cultivate your relationship as a sign of his loyalty and commitment to you, and as a picture of Christ’s love for the Church. (Prov. 20:6; Gen. 2:24)



Proverbs 20

6Many a man proclaims his own loyalty,
But who can find a trustworthy man?

Genesis 2:24 (New American Standard Bible)

24 For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

If you're a lurker, I invited you to come on out and join us, let's pray for the wonderful husbands in our lives, together :)

15 comments:

Mari said...

I'm praying!

Blessed Beyond said...

I am praying and sharing! Thank you so much for doing this and allowing us all to be a part! I'm honored to have such a wonderful husband and I'm happy to get to do this for him. Have a wonderful evening!

Unknown said...

I'm here too. The picture of the rings on the Bible got me all choked up.

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Thanks for the post today. How wonderful!

Jen

The Raggedy Girl said...

Praising God for a faithful hubby.
Roberta Anne

Lisa@UnexpectedJourney said...

Praying with all of you!

GranthamLynn said...

Great post. Thank you for encouraging us all. Yes we should all lift up our men.
Many Blessings,
Sherry

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy your commitment. I'm right there with ya!

Lara said...

I'm praying.

Nanny Ree said...

Thanks again Sandra I'm praying for a re- commitment of my wedding vows too!!!! Marie x

Sarah said...

this is a good one to start the weekend off praying. thanks!
sarah

Jen said...

This was a great one. I'm praying.

BTW...the pulled pork roast, I couldn't even tell there was root beer in it. Depending on what type of BBQ sauce you use will depend on how spicy or sweet it is. A lot like using beer I guess (although I haven't used that in anything)

Sandra said...

Praying!

Susanne said...

Another great area to uphold in prayer.

All My Blessings said...

I think this is a great idea and I'm joining your 31 days of prayer...Kae