Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Homemaker Monday!




On my bedside table:
Knit Two
Two books for reviewing on the blog


On my TV:
Dancing with the Stars
Paranormal State


On the menu for tonight:
Salisbury Steak, Salad


On my To Do List:
Take Jasmine to the doctor this morning, she's complaining of ear ache
Iron 3 loads of laundry and put away



New Recipe I tried last week:
No new recipe, just revisited an old favorite..... Ham and Cheese Chicken Rolls


In the craft basket:
Summer Skirts


Looking forward to:
Summer break in less than two weeks.....can't wait.


Homemaking Tip for this week:
When the kids come home from school, I immediately go through their backpacks, throw out any junk, put aside what is to keep, and sign any letters or notes that need to be returned. I pack Nicholas' snack and his folder back into the backpack and set both backpacks near the front door.
Saves a lot of time when we're running around in the morning.


Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
I loved my mother's hands by 4 Reluctant Entertainers...what a sweet post.


Favorite photo from last week:




Lesson learned the past few days:
That even with all the sanitizing and disinfecting I've done lately, there will still be sickies. Curt caught whatever we had and is sick with a cold, and somehow Jasmine is complaining of an ear ache and is off to the doctor this morning.

I think the biggest lesson for me has been to let go, do my part and then just go with the flow when things happen and not make a big stink about the fact that I can't control who gets sick and who feels this or that.


On my Prayer List:
My family
Troops


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:

For where two or three have gathered together in My name,
I am there in their midst.” Matthew 18:20 (NAS)



14 comments:

Sarah said...

Hi Sandra,

Sorry to hear you have sickness in your household once again. I hope you all can get through this quickly and be done with it once and for all!

Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

Anonymous said...

Oi. Parabéns pelo excelente blog. Gostaria de lhe convidar para visitar meu blog e conhecer alguma coisa sobre o Brasil. Abração

Anonymous said...

So sorry Jasmine and Curt are sick now. {{{Sandra}}}

My hubs has been sick now for 3 weeks with two separate colds. Squidge has a cold too.

Praying you're all well soon.

So glad you did your Homemaking Monday post though, it's my first time joining in...I think it is anyway! Lol.

Hugs and love

xxxx

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Bummer ~ darn those sickie bugs! The weather is far too nice to be sick! Praying for comfort to settle over your house!!!!

Amanda said...

Wow! just two weeks of school? We still have 5. :( Thanks for sharing all...

Amy said...

Hi Sandra!!!

So so so glad that everyone is on the mend.. sorry to hear of your Jasmine's ear tho... man!! Praying that the dr. will find what going on so you can all be TOTALLY done with all the sickies going on.

Hugs.. Amy

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you are sick, but I am right there in the middle of chasing a little one with tissues and keeping myself from coughing on them! Get lots of rest!

Just me~Bobbie Jo said...

Sorry to hear that the sickies are back visiting! Get well soon!

The Raggedy Girl said...

I am so sorry that the sickness continues and wonder if you should all be on medicine at the same time. You have a wonderful attitude through what has to be so hard. I can remember when my children were little and we sometime had illness for months on end. Praying for your family.

Happy Homemaker Monday
from
The Raggedy Girl

Unknown said...

Yuck! The sickies...:(
The Ham & Cheese Chicken rolls sound yummy and great tip about the backpacks...I try to do that with my diaper bag too...

Happy Monday!

Erica said...

What a cute idea i will definitely be participating next week. :)
http://ehaggins.blogspot.com

Leigh said...

Thanks Sandra! Love this meme!

Nicole said...

The chicken soup looks amazing!
http://www.thechroniclesofnicole.blogspot.com

Sarah B. SMITH said...

Hi Sandra.. thanks for stopping by I have been try to do Happy Homemaker every Monday for awhile now. I saw it on my friend Sarah's page and of course she joined from your link. Thanks for such a great idea!