Thursday, May 07, 2009

Slow Cooking Thursday

I'm having a really hard time with the linkies today, I don't know what is going on.....just add your links to the comments and I'll post them on here. Sorry ladies!



Don't forget to add your name to Mr Linky and a link back to your SCT post so others can come by and see your recipe too.

As always, share your slow cooking recipes but if you REALLY REALLY don't have one and still want to participate, then you can share any kind of recipe.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image credit: Gather.com


CHICKEN SOUP


Ingredients:
1 lb chicken breasts, skinless & boneless
12 cups water
One onion, chopped
1/4 tsp pepper
Any leftover rice, pasta or potatoes from the fridge. If none of these are availble add 1/2 c instant rice.
Any little bits of veggies leftover in fridge or freezer.
Celery (optional)
Salt to taste (I use about 1/2 tsp)

How to make this recipe:
Cut the chicken breasts in one inch cubes. Place all ingredients in slow cooker.

Cook on low 5 to 6 hours. Notes: This makes quite a lot for my family (of 4). I usually freeze half for another time.

Serves 8 - 12



MJ - Portuguese Stew
Mari - Maui Chicken
Kim - Marinated Chicken Tenders
Renee - Spring Veggie and Chicken Stew
Newlyweds - Crockpot Pinto Beans
Blessings Beyond - Chicken Tacos
Sherry - Hirino Psito Slow Roasted Pork
Lisa - Crockpot Chicken Stroganoff
Cassandra - Meatballs with Mushroom Gravy
Lori - Barbecue Pork


12 comments:

Melissa said...

I've been making chicken soup on the stovetop, but the slow-cooker version sounds perfect for summertime!

The Raggedy Girl said...

You have such wonderful recipes. My Portuguese Gramma used to make Tapioca pudding with apricots in it. It looked like the inside of a fruit pie, I would love to find a recipe for that.

The Raggedy Girl

Keeper of the Home said...

I just wanted you to know that even though I haven't participated in SCT the past few weeks, I am still here. We have had a lot going on so things have been hectic to say the least. Looking forward to getting back in the swing of things and joining SCT soon.

Just me~Bobbie Jo said...

Where is Mr. Linky-I don't see it!

annies home said...

looked delicous but unable to list mine here it is http://shopannies.blogspot.com/2009/01/slow-cooking-thursday-all-american.html

Dawna Drake said...

Mmm! I love chicken soup!

I made chili this week! http://dawnadrake.blogspot.com/2009/05/housewifey-makes-chili.html

Mari said...

I like the idea of using the slow cooker for this. I'll be trying it! I have a recipe for Maui Chicken posted.

Blessed Beyond said...

What a perfect recipe for left overs. This is awesome! Thank you so much for sharing and hosting!
Hugs and Blessings,

cassandrasmom said...

My mom is still in the hospital so I still wasn't able to cook today but I am sharing a family favorite of Meatballs with Mushroom Gravy.

http://justcallmecassandrasmom.blogspot.com/

Lori said...

Mmmm, that chicken soup looks great! My recipe is at http://littlehouseinthefoothills.blogspot.com/2009/05/slow-cooker-barbecue-pork.html It's for Barbecue Pork! Thanks for posting it! :)

Shaz said...

That chicken soup looks very tasty.

My recipe post this week is for Slow Cooker Peach Applesauce

http://mumofboys.blogspot.com/2009/05/slow-cooker-thursday-slow-cooker-peach.html

Sara said...

I put mine in Mr. Linky but it's not there now - my recipe was pulled pork:

http://cookwithsara.blogspot.com/2009/05/pulled-pork.html