Thursday, May 14, 2009

Slow Cooking Thursday


Don't forget to add your name to Mr Linky and a link back to your SCT post so others can come by and see your recipe too.

As always, share your slow cooking recipes but if you REALLY REALLY don't have one and still want to participate, then you can share any kind of recipe.


http://www.epicurious.com/images/recipes/recipe_results/full/photos/233926.jpg

Red Wine & Rosemary Pot Roast


3-lb boneless pot roast
¾-tsp salt
¾-tsp pepper
2-tbsp vegetable oil
3-cloves garlic, minced
4-onions, quartered
1-cup beef stock
1-cup tomato juice
1-cup dry red wine
2-tsp crumbled dried rosemary
3-tbsp all-purpose flour
2-tbsp chopped fresh parsley

Sprinkle beef with salt & pepper
In a large Dutch oven, heat oil medium-high heat
Brown meat all over and transfer to plate
Drain fat from pot
Fry garlic and onions over medium heat stirring occasionally until soft, about 4 minutes
Add stock, tomato juice, wine and rosemary, stirring and scraping up brown bits from bottom
Pour into slow cooker
Add beef to slow cooker
Cover and cook on low for 10 hours until meat is tender
Transfer meat to cutting board and tent with foil; let stand 10 minutes
Thinly slice the beef across the grain and arrange on a platter
Cover and keep warm
Meanwhile, whisk flour with ¼-cup water
Whisk into slow cooker
Cover and cook on high for 15 minutes or until thickened
Stir in parsley
Serve with beef

Makes 8 servings


13 comments:

Mari said...

Sandra - thanks for posting this early. It'll be nice not trying to connect with Mr Linky while at work!
Your roast looks wonderful. I bet that rosemary give it great flavor. We had your beef bacon pinwheels last night and they were good!

Catskills Cook said...

Sorry, link should say Cooking in the Catskills (Creamy Slow Cooker Chicken) not Cooking in the Catskills (Chocolate Chip Scones). This is what happens when I try to function before having my coffee.

Your pot roast looks absolutely delicious.

SnoWhite said...

that looks really tasty!

Anonymous said...

Yum.. pot roast in the crock.. one of my favorites. Thanks for hosting!

Keeper of the Home said...

This is certainly a must try dish! Thanks.

~Blessing & Warm Cozy Wishes

Renee said...

This sounds great! Thanks for sharing and hosting this. Have a wonderful weekend.

The Raggedy Girl said...

I am having trouble getting the word verification to work but it looks hopeful this time...

I love the pot roast recipe and thank you for sharing it. If I get time later I will come and see all the recipes and all the table scapes too. Just too much to do!

The Raggedy Girl

Jen said...

OH My does that look good! Hope your day is going well! Blessings.

Dawna Drake said...

I'm hungry just looking at that!

Sherry said...

My gosh that looks so tasty I am going to have to make it REAL SOON!

Unknown said...

I love the flavor of rosemary, I even grow some in my garden so I can have it fresh. Oh yeah, I made your portuguese rice pudding & it is awesome!! Thanks

Nicole said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nicole said...

Looks simply delicious! I am always looking for new recipes to try.
Love your blog and am following you. Ck mine out and if you like what you see follow me! :)http://www.thechroniclesofnicole.blogspot.com