Slow Cooking Thursday!12:00 AM
Don't forget to add your name to Mr Linky and a link back to your SCT post so others can come by and see your recipe too.
Here's what's in my slow cooker today, it smells divine.
Credit: Taste of Home
Green Chili Stew
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1 cup water
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese, optional
Directions:In a large skillet, brown beef and onions in oil; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker.
Combine the beans, tomatoes, chilies, water, bouillon, garlic, sugar, salt if desired and pepper; pour over beef. cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until beef is tender. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 8 servings.