Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Want to do it all

 
Ever feel like there is still so much you want to do and try in your life and not really sure how to even start?

I've been feeling that way lately, there is so much I can do and honestly when you sit back and contemplate on the things you're good at, you'll be quite surprised at the plethora of talents you possess.

I don't know how to do that!   I'm not really good at doing anything!  

Those two phrases drive me insane and make me want yell out "YES you can, YES you can do it".

Then I have to remind myself that maybe I should practice what I preach?  See I'm in a bit of a conundrum. 

It's quite overwhelming at times, living in this brain of mine, because I have so much going all at once, so many ideas and projects and want to try's.  So how do you break it all apart, how do you put it into practice?

That's what I'm thinking about the past few days. 

I'm getting nowhere fast I can tell you that much.  HA!


Maybe I should stop watching The Homestead Blessings DVD's because the West Ladies make it all look so easy, I find myself wanting to spend a day with them, Quilting or Sewing, Gardening or Candle making.  Oh quilting, do you know how long I've wanted to get into this craft and how totally overwhelming and intimidating it is to me???

I guess I'm not very creative when it comes to picking fabrics and colors.  Some people just have the gift, they can whip up something so beautiful and it makes you go "wow, I would have never thought to use those colors together".  I want to be them. 


But anyway, decisions decisions decisions.  This girl is very confused and not quite sure what to do or where to go with it, I'm just praying for some guidance and maybe a little pull in the right direction.

Have you ever felt this way? 

Can some of you quilt makers out there give me some advice on how or where to start?  I can sew, very well actually, I learned from my grandmother who is a seamstress, so sewing is not my problem, it's the starting and the piecing and all that other stuff, that I have no idea how to do.

Thank you in advance, you have no idea how happy that will make me.

Alrighty then, I guess I will go back to my book which I'm totally enjoying.  Just thought I would come by and let you know what is going on in my brain, maybe my bloggy friends can help me sort it all out. 

No comments: