Happy Homemaker Monday #305:49 AM
Good Morning :)
I just realized that I didn't get to visit you all last week...UGH! Must remedy that this morning. In my defense though it was the first day of this crazy schedule we are STILL on, waking up at 4:30am really threw me for a loop. Even though my husband is still on this shift right now, I think I'm getting a little used to it, or at least it's not completely beating me down.
On to today's Happy Homemaker Monday. Don't forget that today I am also starting the 30 Day Challenge to encourage our husbands....will have the first post with Mr Linky up this morning. :)
Tuesday - Open faced lonestar burgers, onion rings
Wednesday - Bacon wrapped chicken, Zucchini Fritters
Thursday - Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans
Friday - Grilled BBQ Chicken Pizzaa
Saturday - Texican Chili
Sunday - Smothered Pork Chops, rice
Sweep, Vacuum, Mop
Prepare the first lessons for the kids, school starts on Wednesday
Make Homeschooling folders for this years material
1. If your plants have dusty leaves, give them a shower. I'm lucky enough to have a sprayer on my kitchen sink to do this with ease. If you don't have a sprayer, give them a shower in the bathroom. Doing this will automatically improve the health of the plant and make it look a lot better.
2. Cut off any dead or diseased foliage. You will be amazed at the difference this makes.
3. If you see roots growing through the holes in the bottom of the container, it's time to re-pot it. Simply pot the plant in the next size up container filling in the gaps with a good potting soil.
4. One of the best tips I have ever learned about houseplants is about watering. It is very simple and following it makes sure you don't over- or under- water. To check if your plant needs watering, simply poke your finger into the top inch or so of potting soil. If you feel moisture, don't water. If you don't feel any moisture, water.
5. Fertilize with a diluted fertilizer at each watering. Use about 1/4 the amount of fertilizer that the directions call for. This will ensure that you are fertilizing enough.
I have a few glasses in the sink, sitting in soapy water for me to wash later. The kids left a few toys, games strewn around the living room last night, so I need to get those picked up here shortly.
I give you thanks for my creation, preservation, and all the blessings of my life.
Grant that this day I fall into no sin, neither run into any kind of danger; but that all my doings, being governed by your will, may be righteous in your sight.
Through Christ our Lord, I pray.