Monday, August 13, 2012

Happy Homemaker Monday #31

A very good morning to you all :)  Hope you had a fantastic weekend and that you have a great week at work, school, home.


happyhomemakermonday
If you want to save and use the new button, just click here.

The Weather:::
91 degrees right now.  We've had some cloudy skies on and off the whole weekend, but no rain.  I don't mind, as long as the temperature stays like this I'm good :) 

On my reading pile:::
Reading an Amish series by Amy Clipston.  The Kauffman Amish Bakery Series.  Loving it so far, and am on book #2 :)

On my tv:::
Have to watch the new Hell on Wheels online.  Dish network decided to drop AMC from their channel lineup.  UGH!  I've lost Hell on Wheels and hubby lost The Walking Dead.  Not happy!
My Portuguese soaps
Warehouse 13
Planning on rewatching the Homestead Blessings DVD this week


On the menu for this week:::
Monday -  Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans
Tuesday - Beef Tips on rice
Wednesday -  *grocery shopping*
Thursday -
Friday -
Saturday -
Sunday  - 


On my to do list:::
One basket of laundry to iron
Fold and put away another two baskets of clean laundry from last night
Sweep and Vacuum....my dogs are shedding.  Enough said!
Prepare the lessons for the kids....we didn't do school on Friday, so we'll be playing a little catch up today.


What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Absolutely nothing.  Haven't had a chance to do anything but I'm missing my crochet, so I'm thinking of pulling out my yarns and my patterns and whipping something up :) 

Homemaking Tips:::
Here's one many of us may not even think of, but it really does help. Mix up your pancake batter in your blender, then pour right out of your container onto the griddle. You'll have lump-free batter and lots less to clean up.


Looking around the house:::
My hubby told me to sleep in today.  Usually I say no and just get up anyway, but I couldn't get out of bed and really needed the extra sleep.  So I got up at 7am.  Right now, Nicholas is eating breakfast and watching some kid show on the tv.  Jasmine is still asleep.   Lola is laying behind me on the chair, she just HAS to be wherever I am  Hahahaha
I have dog hair on my rug and it's not a lot but it drives me crazy, so that is going to be my first to do thing this morning.  I have a few breakfast dishes in the sink.

From the camera:::
Hard to pick just one since we went to such a beautiful place......but I picked another one from Tlaquepaque.


Tlaquepaque


On my prayer list:::
Praying for the Lord to guide us as we head towards retirement.
Praying for the kids to have a good school day.
Praying for a lot of friends and family who are going through hard times.


Bible verse, Devotional:::
Learn to enjoy life more. Relax, remembering that I am God with you. I crafted you with enormous capacity to know Me and enjoy My Presence. When My people wear sour faces and walk through their lives with resigned rigidity, I am displeased. When you walk through a day with childlike delight, savoring every blessing, you proclaim your trust in Me, your ever-present Shepherd. The more you focus on My Presence with you, the more fully you can enjoy life. Glorify Me through your pleasure in Me. Thus you proclaim My Presence to the watching world.




5 comments:

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Glad you got to sleep in a little today, Sandra!

I know it's exciting for you to think about heading toward retirement!

So have you guys started school yet? We're beginning next Monday!

Blessings,
Tammy

Sweet Tea said...

Slept in till 7:00? LOL
My usual time to get up every day is 9:00, coursr I have insomnia and go to sleep VERY late...Have a wonderful week!

Andrea said...

I dream of the day when I can sleep in again (or just sleep for more than two hours at a time). Even when you sleep in, I am amazed at all the things you are able to accomplish in one day. I don't know how you do it.

Unknown said...

Great tip about the pancake batter... We're having pancakes for dinner so I'll have to try this out :)

Your favorite sister said...

Good luck with your decisions on retirement. We still have 10 years to go...