Monday, October 15, 2012

Happy Homemaker Monday #39

Good Morning everyone, hope you had a fantastic weekend and have an even better week ahead.

We are on Fall break so no schooling for us, just a week to relax and take it easy :) 


Feel free to use :)

The Weather:::
68 degrees.  We have finally cooled down and it's feeling wonderful outside.  Matter of fact, I stepped out yesterday morning to take out the trash and actually felt a little cold in my shorts.  Ha!   Bring it on, I'm ready for some coolness around here.

Right now I am:
I am enjoying a cup of Caramel Drizzle coffee, checking my email, trying to read from my Kindle at the same time, and chatting with hubby before he leaves for work.  AND, I'm sitting in my pj's and have on a sweater.  That is like major folks....earth shattering stuff right there.

Thinking:
About what I need to get done today.  It's payday for us military people, so I have bills that need taking care of, grocery shopping etc. 
Also thinking that I want to just sit and read my current book and I will have to find some time today to do it.

On my reading pile:::
Dropped Almost Amish...did not enjoy it.  I don't know what it is lately, but some books are just not doing it for me.  Much as I love everything Amish and especially Amish fiction, if it's not about the Amish directly, I tend to get bored.

On my tv:::
This may seem like a lot, but this is for the whole week......

My Portuguese soaps (Doce Tentacao, Louco Amor, Tempo de Viver)
Copper (have two episodes to catch up on)
Warehouse 13 (have two episodes to catch up on)
The Paradise Episode 3
Wartime Farm Episode 5 

On the menu for this week:::
Next two weeks are ALL about Portuguese food, which I love and thankfully so does my family :)  Save for a meal or two which I already had planned ahead.

Monday - Carne a Jardineira (Beef Stew)
Tuesday - Frango com cogumelos e ervilhas (Chicken with mushrooms and peas)
Wednesday - Slow Cooker Ham and White Beans (NOT Portuguese lol)
Thursday - Swedish Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, green beans
Friday - Massinha com fiambre, bacon e cogumelos (Ham, Bacon and Mushroom pasta)
Saturday - Costoletas panadas no forno, pure batata e cenoura (Oven breaded pork chops, mashed potatos and carrots)
Sunday - Sopa de Feijao (Bean Soup)

On my to do list:::
Put away clean laundry
Sweep and Mop floors
Finish grocery list
Check coupons and sales ads

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Haven't had a chance to crochet the past few days, so my granny square blanket is on hold. 

Homemaking Tips:::
This is something I do.  I buy veggies in bulk, especially if they're on sale.  When I get home from grocery shopping, I put away the ones I need for cooking during the week, and the rest I cut into chunks for soup.  I make a bunch of ziploc baggies with a variety of veggies, like carrot, leeks, cabbage, celery, watercress or spinach etc.  During the week or on the weekend, if I am in the mood for soup, I  pull out a baggie from the freezer, then just add water to a pot, add the veggies, cut up a potato or 2 and an onion and I'm good to go.

Looking around the house:::
It's dark, save for a few lamps on.  It's quiet and aside from my keyboard keys tapping away as I type this, the only other sounds are my pugs snoring on the couch and the fish tank in the corner.
Need to pick up the living room a bit, it's not very messy even though we just had a weekend.  There are a few dishes in the sink that didn't fit in the washer last night, so I need to get those taken care of.

From the camera:::


Exercise


On my prayer list:::
So many people.  I find myself praying for people I don't even know.  If I'm on a website, or visiting blogs and I see that someone needs prayer, I immediately send one up for them.


Bible verse, Devotional:::
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.


14 comments:

Whitney @ My Southern Comfort said...

I love being able to take something out and warm it up really quick. That's why I love leftover night... only thing about that is.. we never have leftovers, haha

Pay Day and I have a love-hate relationship because I absolutely hate to pay billss.. saddest days of the month

Theresa said...

My pastor preached on Jeremiah 29:11 yesterday. Wonder if God is trying to teach me something??

Your homemaking tip was a great idea.

Sweet Woodruff said...

I think I messed up on my link posting. Anyhoo...love your blog. I've been following you for years. Blessing and favor!

Kathy Skinner (Kat) said...

I love your picture and your verse! I really enjoy the Happy Homemaker Mondays and my blog readers say they enjoy it too:) Thanks for facilitating this launch to each new week!!!

Tina Leigh said...

Lol!! You got your sweater on Sandra! How sweet it is!

You are going to be so shocked when you watch last weeks episode of Copper!!! I won't ruin it for you but HURRY UP and watch it! Last nights was good too! Unbelievable! I love the show! I love Kevin ! Let me know what you think!!!

Andrea said...

I always want to buy veggies when they're on sale but we can't eat them fast enough. Now I know what to do. And veggie soup will make an easy lunch. Have a great week!

VerityGrace said...

I love the veggie idea too! x :)

Jen said...

Love school breaks! Can't wait to see see some of your yummy meals.

Carol said...

So glad you are getting your cooler weather! Enjoy!

Susanne said...

I just want to sit and read my book, too! Can totally relate.

Unknown said...

It's nice to see someone elses list and know they have the have the same things to do too.

Stephanie said...

Eu e meu marido estamos a assistir o Doce Tentacao! Queremos visitar o Portugal no proximo ano e temos que aprender mais da lingua. Eu servi uma missao. Em Portugal onze anos atras, e ele serviu em Brazil :)

Jenna Smith said...

I just finished Almost Amish last night. It wasn't exactly what I was expecting and I'm still not sure how I feel about it. Luckily though, it was an easy read. It would be a good one to keep in your purse to read if you have to wait at the doctor's office or something like that.

Unknown said...

I am looking up "Wartime Farm" right now! Sounds good - is it?

As always, your meal plan sounds scrumptious!

Sherry