Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Beautiful Spring Day!

March 12, 2013

We actually got into the 80's today and it felt wonderful to be outside.

I got all my housework done and then spent a few hours working in the yards, these weeds are everywhere and they're quite the stubborn little things, aren't they?

Pulled and pulled and filled bags with these buggers.  Everything looks so much better, but it's one of those chores that is never ending, so have to stay on top of it constantly.

Had a planter that needed attention, so got it all taken care of, weeds removed, and threw in some flower seeds.  Hopefully it grows well, it's so hard in our area  because of how hot it gets.

March 12, 2013

My Hyacinths out front are looking lovely and smell so good. The bees are loving them.

Also put up a few more spring decorations, like these eggs. I like the different textures of the crochet and the fabric.

March 12, 2013

March 12, 2013

and in preparation for Easter, I put up my bunting. I made it a few years back, I think the tutorial was from Homespun Heart.

March 12, 2013

Very simple but effective, and a great inexpensive decoration

March 12, 2013

After spending time outside in the heat, I came back in and had an Iced Coffee which I think is the perfect reward after some gardening.

March 12, 2013

Got caught up on all my emails, visited the participants of Happy Homemaker Monday and got the rest of the laundry put away.

Still keeping busy inside, though spending more time outdoors taking care of the yards.  There's something about the sprinklers going and the smell of freshly cut grass that really makes me smile.

We live in such a beautiful world, I often find myself amazed at what our Lord has created.  Such diversity in plants and flowers, and the most beautiful of colors and textures all around us.  We have but to stop for a moment and take it all in.

I have my Bible reading to get to, so I'll be wishing you all a very goodnight and a restful sleep.

God Bless,
Sandra
xoxoxo


7 comments:

~Carla~ said...

Looks like a wonderful day.. That iced coffee looks sooo good! Yum!

Doroula said...

Sandra, you are such an inspiration. All best, to you and your family.

Unknown said...

I love Spring! We are preparing our vegetable garden here in the northwest. I too love the smell of Spring :-D

Wendi said...

Sounds like a great way to spend the day. I am looking forward to days spent outdoors. I was thinking I needed something for my kitchen window... that garland from Monica just might work.

Have a great day!

Debby said...

beautiful photos. It was warm here too yesterday. Loving it, but I know that spring is fickle...

Sherri B. said...

Thank you for sharing some Spring with us..actually, it looks like Summer to those of us from the Pacific NW! xo

The Sneaky Mommy said...

You can even make pulling weeds look like a wonderful time! :) I can't wait to keep reading about your green thumb! Thanks for such a fresh perspective! I'm so glad I've found your blog!