Monday, May 24, 2010

{ Happy Homemaker Monday }

Before I start, just wanted to let you all know that I apologize for not getting a chance to come by and see your posts last week. But I will definitely visit you today, I have time set aside for that :)

hhm



The weather in my neck of the woods:
Blue skies. The wind has finally left, it was so annoying and kept trying to blow my outside canopy down.


Things that make me happy:
Goodwill


Book I'm reading:
I am Hutterite - Doing a review and so far I'm really enjoying this book


What I'm enjoying on TV:
Weird or What
Ancient Aliens
Robin Hood (2010)


On the menu for dinner:
Portuguese meal - Ground beef with sausage and fries. (will post recipe tonight)


On my To Do List:
Laundry
Mopping
Bathrooms


New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
Didn't try anything new last week


In the craft basket:
Folk Dolls
Bath Mitts for gifts


Looking forward to this week:
First week of Summer with my kids


Tips and Tricks:
Got dirty walls? Chances are if you have little ones in your home, you DO. But it's not always that easy to get them clean, so here are a few tips I found while searching online for myself.

  • To remove dirty fingerprints on the wall, a pencil eraser is an effective tool.
  • Dirt marks on wallpaper can be removed by rubbing a soft India rubber or a small piece of stale bread over it.
  • Ceramic-tiled walls will freshen up by brushing white shoe polish into the cracks of the tiles. Remove the excess polish streaks with a damp absorbent cloth.
  • Moss that have accumulated on walls can be removed by pouring hot water over it and wiping with a cloth or scouring with a brush or scouring pad.
  • Oil-paint walls can be cleaned with soapy water.


My favorite blog post this week:
I'm just going to send you all Jen's way at Reflections in the Window. She has got to be one of the luckiest ladies on earth by living so close to the one of the most amazing Living History Museums. She's been sharing tons of pictures and I'm loving every single one of them.


Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
Gettysburg Homestead - I love this Primitive blog


No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):

Prim Candle in Kitchen


Lesson learned the past few days:

Align CenterThat as much as I love my children, they can drive me completely insane at times and it's OK to admit that. It's OK to feel overwhelmed and helpless and frustrated. It doesn't make me a bad mom, it just makes me a MOM...period.


On my mind:
The knitted gifts I'm making, got a lot of ideas floating around.


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:

Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always. Remember the wonders he has done, his miracles, and the judgments he pronounced.
1 Chronicles 16:11-12


4 comments:

Tasha said...

happy monday!!
i sent you my addy in your email

Jen said...

Thank you for the shout out! I love your goodwill finds! I haven't been in a while.

Anonymous said...

Hows the robin hood.. i want to see it. happy monday to you.
http://uktotheusa.blogspot.com/

Heart2Heart said...

Sandra,

I absolutely love your picture. It looks so warm and cozy. Off to meet new friends you recommended and sounds like you are off to a great week.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat