Sunday, June 12, 2011

31 Days of Prayer for my Husband - Day 12

So, how is everyone doing?   Have you been able to continue praying for your husbands or have you found yourself struggling at times?

Speaking for myself the very first week was really hard, we were butting heads, we were fighting constantly and we were not happy.  I honestly felt like I was under attack and not just a little attack, a full on spiritual attack and it was really hard to stand strong and keep going.

But I did and let me tell you something, the past 4 days we have been laughing so much, we've had amazing moments together and I can feel the power of these prayers working in our marriage.  It's truly something wonderful.

I hope you are all feeling the same way.  I know most of you don't leave comments so I'm not sure who is following along with the prayers, but I would like to ask you all to please check in today and let us all know how you're fairing, if anything it may just give someone who is having a hard time, a little nudge and encouragement to keep going.

So will you please leave a comment????  Thank you and God Bless.



Day 12
Pray that your husband will yield his sexual drive to the Lord and practice self control. Pray that your sexual intimacy together will be fresh, positive, and a reflection of selfless love. (Prov. 5:15, 18; 1 Cor. 7:3; Song of Solomon 7:10)


Proverbs 5:15, 18 (New International Version)


15 Drink water from your own cistern,
running water from your own well.
18 May your fountain be blessed,
and may you rejoice in the wife of your youth.

1 Corinthians 7

Marriage
3 The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband.


Song of Solomon 7:10 (New International Version)


10 I belong to my lover,
and his desire is for me.

No comments: