Monday, November 07, 2011

{ Happy Homemaker Monday }



The weather in my neck of the woods:
47 degrees right now, and I'm finally wearing sweat pants, a knitted sweater and some gloves.  Now I know I'm probably totally overdoing it compared to the temps some of you already have, but I don't care, it's the only time of the year I actually feel cold LOL


Things that make me happy:  
Lower temperatures, knitted fingerless gloves, hot coffee mugs


Book I'm reading:
The Secret Life of Josephine:  Napoleon's Bird of Paradise by Carolly Erickson - LOVE historical fiction :)


What's on my TV today:  
Hart of Dixie
Kirstie's Handmade Britains

 

On the menu for dinner:
Chicken Spaghetti


On my To Do List:

Homeschooling
Sweep and mop floors
Laundry


New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
Black Bean Soup


In the craft basket:
Ripple blanket, simple cowl and more fingerless gloves


Looking forward to this week:
Just a slow, relaxing week. 
Lots of learning with the kids
Eating yummy home cooked food
Watching a ton of period dramas
Crocheting some Christmas gifts


Tips and Tricks:
If you're going for the Homemade Gifts this year, you really need to start early.  It's not even so much as a tip or trick because I'm sure everyone knows this.  Usually I'm the person in the store on the week of Christmas, doing all the shopping....but I've since then gotten over that, maybe I'm getting old LOL   I've started early this year, already bought some things, making a lot of the others :)


My favorite blog post this week:
Work in Progress over at After Hours


Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
Aunt Angie's Sewing Projects


No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):


2011_11050023


Lesson learned the past few days:

To check myself....seriously.  To stop, to think, to consider before I open my mouth because sometimes in the heat of the moment I will say something and later regret it. 


On my mind:
All the homemade Christmas gifts I'm making


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
To do what is right and just is more acceptable to the LORD than sacrifice.
Proverbs 21:3

7 comments:

Mary said...

Thanks fir the tip about making gifts! I need to figure out if I am going to make anything for anyone. If I am I need to get started!

I hope you have a great week with the family :)

Lara said...

Hi Sandra, I enjoyed reading your list, as usual. And I must start thinking about the homemade Christmas gifts as well!!

~Carla~ said...

I love seeing your crocheted creations! Have you posted pics of the fingerless gloves before? Do you have an Etsy shop?

Liz said...

I need to start on my Christmas shopping/crafting. I feel like I'm already behind... I'm glad you're enjoying the cooler weather. I'm enjoying it here too, but soon, I'm sure I'll begging to trade you weather or locations. Haha!

Have a good week.

Nicole said...

I too enjoy the cool weather and putting on warm, soft clothes!

My Mad World said...

I am so behind on the Christmas gifts! I am going to be making some and haven't even started! I really need to get into gear and get going on it!!!

Love your temps! So great to finally be able to wear some snuggley (yeah, not a word) clothes!!!

Debbie said...

I read this book about Josephine and really liked it!