Monday, November 14, 2011

{ Happy Homemaker Monday }



The weather in my neck of the woods:
We've been getting some rain the past few days, which I really love :)


Things that make me happy:  
Banana Bread straight out of the oven.


Book I'm reading:
The Secret Life of Josephine:  Napoleon's Bird of Paradise by Carolly Erickson - LOVE historical fiction :)


What's on my TV today:  
Hart of Dixie
Kirstie's Handmade Britain
Merlin Episode 5 and 6
 

On the menu for dinner:
Either Garlic Sauced Chicken or Bacon Spaghetti


On my To Do List:

Homeschooling
Sweep and mop floors
Laundry (not even going to bother changing this list today because I have the same exact to do's lol)


New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
Chinese Chicken with Vegetables


In the craft basket:
Ripple blanket
Personalized Candles
Mug Cozies


Looking forward to this week:
Homeschooling with the kiddos
Grocery shopping
Christmas shopping


Tips and Tricks:
I can't think of anything this morning, sorry, maybe I need more coffee LOL


My favorite blog post this week:
I'll have to go with my own, because the Personalized Candles are THAT cool.


Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
If you love Historical Fiction as much as I do, you've more than likely read Elizabeth Chadwick, she is phenomenal.  I recently came across her blog and I love it so much :)  Go on over and check out Living the History.


No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):

2011_11120045


Lesson learned the past few days:

That time flies, and that nothing I do or say will stop it from doing so.  It's best to just soak in every single second of every day and to thankful for the time I have with my wonderful family.  The kids are growing way too fast and it hit both hubby and I, that in just 6 short years Jasmine will be 18.  I can't even wrap my mind around that.


On my mind:
Christmas


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
When my spirit grows faint within me, it is you who watch over my way. In the path where I walk people have hidden a snare for me.
– Psalm 142:3 (NIV)

7 comments:

Jen said...

I have a few more assignments to complete for my college work...THEN it's crochet time! I'm making a couple of things and mug cozies!

Love your scripture.

OOOOOH Bacon spaghetti...yum!

Mary said...

I totally agree that time goes by very fast! I try really hard to enjoy the good times with Hailey. She will be a teenager before we know it :)

I also love the candles! Have a great week

Unknown said...

I think you totally read my mind. Banana bread right now sounds great. Going to go make a loaf today.

Conny said...

Have missed linking up - I'm kind of hit-or-miss on that - but I'm always reading ...
You've got it right that the kids GROW SO QUICKLY!! My 13 year old son only has FOUR more years of school until graduation ahead of him ... that doesn't seem possible & seems incredibly SAD somehow ...

Julie said...

I like Happy Homemaker Monday--Gives me something to look forward to on yucky Mondays :)

karen said...

cool mug !!! im to late on tired to join in this week,been helping with a school day trip today...

Lauren said...

This is my first time linking up! Sandra, I noticed you crochet. I have been wanting to crochet for a long time and I have no idea how to get started! Do you have any advise or resources on how I should get started? Thank you so much!