Thursday, December 06, 2012

Cooking Thursday - Pumpkin Chocolate Loaf


I'm super tired this morning.  My coffee is not even giving me the jolt that I need to wake up, so we'll see how this day goes. 

Moving right on to the recipe for I am afraid I don't have many coherent thoughts to bring to you at the moment hahahah



Pumpkin Chocolate Loaf

Pumpkin Chocolate Loaf


3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3-1/2 cups sugar
1-1/2 teaspoons salt
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1-1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 to 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
3 eggs
1 can (29 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
1-1/4 cups canola oil
3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips


In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg.

In another large bowl, whisk the eggs, pumpkin, oil, chocolate and vanilla.

Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chips.

Transfer to three greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans.

Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Wrap and freeze for up to 6 months.

Yield: 3 loaves.

Note: I use the mini loaf pans and get 5 loaves out of this recipe.



5 comments:

Renee said...

Wow - that looks absolutely delicious! I have to try this one. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Heather Ortega said...

Chocolate and pumpkin...that's 2 of my favorites. Sounds wonderful.

Mari said...

This really looks like a keeper! I'll be trying it. Thanks!

Debby said...

I have never heard of this bread, thanks for sharing!! Any thing with Chocolate is a winner in my book

SAH in Suburbia said...

I'm totally going to try this recipe. It look fabulous!