Monday, April 06, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday - 04/05/2015

Good morning everyone.

Right, first I want to say that I'm so thankful that you all still continue to come by and participate in the Happy Homemaker Monday. Second I want to say that I miss my blog so very much and I don't think I've quite ever gone this long without posting a normal entry. Saddens me that I've been away and I want more than anything to get back in the game.

Life is just so complicated and busy at the moment that I'm quite tired of it, to be honest. I miss the old days where I had a much quieter and calm daily life, where I took photos and posted on here and talked to you all, I really really really wish and hope to go back to that. We'll see how things go.




The weather outside is::::
36 degrees at the moment.  It actually rained last night, but I didn't even notice, only saw everything wet this morning when I went to take Lola out.  The high today is supposed to be 55, so not really too warm.  Have I said lately how much I miss the warm weather??? 

On the breakfast plate this morning::::
Coffee for now, maybe a piece of toast.  I'm completely cutting out diet coke again and going back to just water.  I need the water, I feel much better when I'm just on water, my skin looks better and I feel overall healthier.  So, today is the day.......water again.  

As I look outside my window:::
Everything is wet from the rain storm last night.  I see the sun peeking in through the clouds so maybe we'll still get some sun later today.  The trees are all starting to bloom and it looks beautiful.  I really do love Spring time.    

Right now I am::::
Sitting here in my pj's and typing up this entry.  Trying to keep a running list of things I have to get to today, hope I can remember everything. 

As I look around the house::::
There are more boxes around and it's starting to look kind of empty.  It's clean, all I need to do today is sweep again and mop. 

On today's to do list::::

Cleaning
Homeschooling
Packing

Currently reading::::
Running Fire for a book review. 

On the TV today::::

The Lizzie Borden Chronicles

If there be Thorns

My Portuguese Soaps - A Unica Mulher, Mar Salgado, Mulheres
The Following
Outlander
A bone to pick 

On the menu this week::::
Monday - Hearty Chicken Soup
Tuesday - Tuna Sandwiches
Wednesday - Handmade Ricotta Cavatelli
Thursday - Sausages in Tomato Sauce w/ mash
Friday - Patty Melts, Fries
Saturday - Nick's Birthday (3 Cheese Pasta, Cream Cheese Pound Cake)
Sunday - Homemade Pizza


Favorite photo from the camera::::




Prayers, Inspirational Quotes or Devotionals::::
We know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
Romans 8:28

PLEASE, don't add links to this list that are not part of the Happy Homemaker Monday. I've asked numerous times, and I'm frankly quite tired of having to remove links to other posts that shouldn't be in this list. Please be respectful of my request!

8 comments:

threesidesofcrazy said...

Life will calm down and this too shall pass my friend. You are weathering it well (at least on the outside).

Beautiful picture of Jasmine.

Have a great week.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Hang in there Sandra ~ Pretty soon you will be reunited with hubby and can settle down and blog once again like old times.

This is an adventure you are going through and you will be stronger because of it.

WOW, Jasmine is quite the beautiful young lady. She's not a little girl anymore.

Have a great week ~ and keep believing Rom. 8:28. One of my favorites.

FlowerLady

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Just so grateful you still get to come and give us an update and check in on these Mondays. Totally understandable with all that's on your plate right now.

Keep hanging in there and life will calm eventually and you can devote more time for yourself. Just take good care of yourself and the needs of your family for now. Don't worry about us-we'll be here. ;)

Gorgeous shot of Jasmine! And just look at that beautiful hair! So pretty.

xoxo

Jean said...

I need to get back to drinking water as well. Hopefully, things will calm down for you soon. Have a wonderful week!

Debbie said...

What a beautiful photo of Jasmine!

Each day that passes is a day closer to reuniting your family. You can do this!

Have a wonderful week Sandra.

Kathy Skinner (Kat) said...

What a surprise to see Jasmine as a lovely lady instead of a lanky teen! The photo is beautiful.

So sorry for the trials you are going through right now. You will be in my prayers.

Unknown said...

I too am a homeschooling mom of two and you may not realize it but you are extremely inspiring and I know God is using you in any special ways. Thank you so much for posting!! I've also started my own little "Happy Homemaker Monday" in writing and I already feel so refreshed doing it. Thank you again!!

Dawn Marie said...

I haven't been blogging much lately either and I realized I haven't participated in HHM at all this year. Hopefully I can next week. That picture of your daughter is BEAUTIFUL.