Friday, April 24, 2015

Let's get back on track, shall we?


Hi everyone, did you miss me?

Well I have decided that it's time to get back on track here on my little blog. 

Some of you may think I've lost my mind because right now, this very moment is not exactly the calmest in my life, it's actually the craziest and I'm spread very very thin.  But I think it's also the reason why I need to get back on here and document my every day before the move.

The move.....less than a month away, is quickly approaching and I'm scrambling folks, I feel like there is so much I need to get done and so little time to do it in.  Sometimes the overwhelming feeling creeps in and I panic, like for a hot second, but then I get myself back on track, or I try to at least.

I'm needing to post on my blog, I'm needing to feel grounded and normal and like I have a place to put all my feelings and emotions, and it will also be a great way for me to wind down the last few weeks here in Idaho, because truthfully, as much as I love this State I doubt I'll be back.

So, pictures of my day, thoughts, what I'm doing, what I've done, what is happening around me and even what is happening down in Texas with my hubby.  I'll try to update as much as I can, I mean there are days that nothing is really going on, but even then, I will be here, saying hi.

I'm trying to think what has happened that I haven't told you about, I guess quite a bit.

Lola::::::  Last week Saturday, I had my niece and nephew over for a sleep over, we watched a really scary movie, one I didn't even know about until I ran across it on a movie site.  It's called The Atticus Institute and my word, it was so scary.  It is based on a true story, the only US Government officially documented and accepted possession case.

We were up until late, I think like 1am, and then I headed to bed.  Was woken up at 3am with Lola having a seizure, and you know me, I always get freaked out with those.  After calming her down and getting back into bed, she woke me up again at 4:10am with another seizure.  By this time my nerves were just shot and I didn't want to go back to bed, so I made myself a cup of coffee and lay on the couch with her.


Thing is, every little movement from her had me jumping and scared that she was seizing again.  I thought everything was fine, but by 10am she had another so I took her to the vet.  After blood work was done, which came back normal, by the way, he thinks that she may be epileptic and has put her on Phenobarbital.

Not what I wanted to hear but you know for our children and our pets, we do everything, and $300 later I was back home.  She was actually given Valium to sedate her so she wouldn't have any more seizures and I started her on the medication right away.

What I did notice the past few days was that she was not herself, I think the Phenobarbital dose he gave was quite high for her so she seemed almost lethargic and sleepy constantly, it even affected her breathing.

I've now cut her down to half of the dose after speaking with the vet again and she is back to her normal self.  Please keep her in your prayers, if you will :)

Move::::::  I've been packing as I can, a little here and there and it's coming along nicely.  This weekend I will actually pack up Nick's room, save for his clothes, and I also want to try and start on Jasmine's.  Things move so much more smoothly when you have time to prepare and pack for a move.

Schooling::::::  is coming along, next week we have State Testing Tuesday and Wednesday and on top of that, we have Scantron Tests and the normal school work, which I don't know about you all, but it seems to just pile on right at the end of the year.  The amount of essays, research papers, presentations and speeches that these kids have to do, is absolutely ridiculous.  But we'll get there :)

Meals::::::   have been very simple with just the kids and I, I actually miss cooking.  I have cooked a few things here and there but for the most part, we're all about the really simple meals.

Like.....Challah French Toast.  So good.

Challah French Toast

Food blog::::::   Oh my goodness, I've actually had some emails asking if I've stopped the blog completely.  The answer is no, not on purpose but I definitely need to get in there and post some recipes.

I may do that tonight, I have quite a few on hold.


Crochet::::::  Oh I miss it, oh my word do I miss it.  I was packing up my yarn the other day and I wanted to cry because I've done nothing with it for so long.  So I plan on keeping some out and getting back into hooking.

Gardening::::::  Things are still growing around here, my lettuce that I kind of placed out on the back porch and forgot about during the winter, is now coming back full force.  I'm quite excited about that.

My onions are sprouting like nuts.  Remember that big 50 pound bag of potatoes and onions I bought a few months back?  I've only now finished the potatoes and the onions I still have quite a few of, but some started sprouting.

I'm fine with that because I use them as Green Onions and just keep clipping and they keep growing.


Right, I think I've covered pretty much what has been going on around here, I'm sure by the time I close off this post I'll think of something else though, it's always like that :)

In the spirit of restarting the blog etc, I've also updated the template, which I'm sure you noticed when you happened upon this post.

Now, I'm off to take a nice long hot bath as I seem to be sick with a cold, I've had my fan in the bedroom on for a few days because Lola was overheating easily, what it's done though is that today I woke up with a bit of a chest cold, headache and congested and then had to run errands and got rained on.  By the time I got home I was really not feeling well and running a low grade fever.

I'm ready to just take a bath, put on some comfy pj's, make some coffee, grab my crochet and pop in a good movie or catch up on my youtube vlogs.

Hope you're all having a fantastic Friday and looking forward to the weekend.



  1. Hi Sandra!

    Wow, huge changes in your life! I have just been going back on your blog to catch up, and I was so surprised to read about your move! Idaho is beautiful, but Texas sounds nice too - I'm sure you will be missed!

    Your poor little, Lola. I will keep her in my prayers . . . she looks like such a sweet girl.

    Get plenty of rest so you can get over that cold! And don't work too hard!


  2. It's good to hear from you! I can't believe you're leaving Idaho because I know how excited you were to go back. I know Curt had a great opportunity to go where he is though, and I hope it really works out well.
    Hope things improve for Lola too - that is so hard!

  3. I am glad you are back. I found you just as you were starting your move and I thoroughly enjoy your blog!

  4. Time is marching along and pretty soon you'll be with your hubby. I pray that your continued packing, etc. and the drive to TX will go smoothly.

    Hope little Lola and yourself are both feeling better.

    Love, hugs & prayers ~ FlowerLady

  5. Yay! I miss your posts and photos. Hoping that little pup is doing OK.

  6. I'm glad you're back, Sandra. I always enjoy reading your blog and feel like I know you.

  7. I've missed your posts, so I was so happy to see this pop up in my feed!! :) Poor little Lola.. ((Hugs)) I hope she's feeling better soon and the medication keeps her seizures under control. I agree with you on keeping some sort of "normalcy" somehow.. even with the move! I hope things are all calm & settled for you soon my friend!! xo


Thank you for reading and taking the time to comment. Please be respectful of each other and my blog. Rude comments will be deleted.

Thank you for stopping by, hope you are having a Blessed day!


Back to Top