Wednesday, April 29, 2015

State Testing and a little sewing.....

I was supposed to come in and do a little post yesterday but I really didn't get a chance to even touch my laptop, other than some schooling with the kids.

We're doing State testing this week and it's been a bit crazy running from here to there.  The kids need to be there by 8:30am, so I've been dropping them off, coming back home to do some housework and a little packing and then back out at 11:30am to take them some lunch, back home and then back again to pick them up when they're done.

I swear I've driven more the past few months that my husband has been gone, than my whole lifetime.  Do you like driving?  I think I'm one of the few people who don't really like it, I mean it gets me from here to there and I'll do it, but it's not something I'll go out of my way to do and I much prefer the hubby to drive when we all go out somewhere together.

Anyway, yes, testing is underway but we should be done today.

In the middle of all this craziness, I took some time to do a little sewing.  If you follow me on Instagram then I'm sure you saw the pictures.

I'm taking Jasmine to an Anime Convention at the end of May and she is Cosplaying.  If you don't know what Cosplay is, it's simply the act of dressing up as one of your favorite characters from either a tv show, movie, game etc.

She has decided to Cosplay Mabel from Gravity Falls, and her boyfriend will be Dipper.  I can't wait to see that LOL

 https://igcdn-photos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/t51.2885-15/11203441_1576948529240453_374956461_n.jpg

In about an hour, I made her a very simple elastic waist skirt, and also sewed on the rainbow and star on the pink top she is using.

She looks adorable if I do say so myself.


Honestly, I hadn't picked up my sewing machine in a very long time, I think last year was the last time I really did anything with it.  I had forgotten how calming and therapeutic sewing is for me, boy did I enjoy those moments just sewing away.

If I wasn't moving so soon, I would have left the machine out and made a few more things, but it will have to wait until I get to Texas.

Yesterday was also Zumba day, we go every Tuesday and Thursday.  Jasmine didn't want to go at first but is now just as obsessed with it as I am and I will have to find some Zumba classes where we're headed or I may just cry.

https://igcdn-photos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/t51.2885-15/11195784_487574241391172_988483535_n.jpg

Honestly, it's something that we do as a mother and daughter, and we absolutely love it :)

Right, this post is going to be super short because I need to get the kids up and ready for testing, and I may need to change into something other than a nightgown, I don't think the teachers would appreciate me showing up like that.  Haha

Wishing you all the best Wednesday ever :)

4 comments:

Simply Quaint said...

Love the outfit :). Sounds like fun...... I have never done Zumba, I have a really bad back, don't think I could bounce around like that anymore.... I am lucky to get on tread mill. 😃. Good for you girls, I enjoy the friendship I have with my daughter we are lucky ladies....
Have a great day!
Blessings
Rhonda

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Hang in there busy Mama!

Great job on the sewing project! Your talents never end Lady! ;)

Hope the kiddos do great and wishing you all lots of sunshine.

PS: I hate driving too!! xo

orangesforadam said...

I just found your Blog and love it! I could probably find out if I searched a bit further, but where in Texas will you be moving?

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandra,
I was wondering if you had decided to continue homeschooling in texas. I know you had said they had a rule about public schooling in order to enroll in the homeschooling curriculum. So I was wondering how that was working out. As always I love reading your blog and good luck with the move.
christina