Monday, August 10, 2015

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 08-10-2015 }

Good morning everyone, well here we are, another Monday and ready for a whole week ahead, or at least I hope you all area.

I'm sorry this is going up a little later than usual but I've been taking it easy this morning and actually slept in, well technically I got up at 5:30am with Curt and made coffee and after he left I fell asleep on the couch.  But yeah, a little nap I would say, just been kinda busy.


Anyway, let's get going.....




On the weather front:
Beautiful morning, gorgeous weather, it's actually supposed to rain tomorrow and I'm hoping that is the only time it rains because we need to get this yard mowed and ready for the reunion. 

 
On my bedside table:
A Pattern of Lies by Charles Todd
The Ones we Trust by Kimberly Belle


On my TV:
Here's what is on my watch list at the moment:

Vlogs - The Witt family, The Michalaks, Mrs Meldrum
Period Drama - Life in Squares
TV - The Whispers, Beyond Scared Straight, Ghost Adventures


On the menu for tonight:
Not sure, it's my birthday and I think hubby and the kids want to take me out for dinner.


On the menu for this week:
I have a few meals planned just until Wednesday, from Thursday on we are having our family reunion and there will be different things going on, but I'll try to share with you what we're planning on doing.

Monday - Out for my birthday
Tuesday - Chicken Korma, Rice
Wednesday - Pork Roast with Mashed potatoes
Thursday - Reunion begins.....Chicken Spaghetti, Salad, Fruit
Friday - Oven Chili Dogs, Chips and Dips
Saturday - Pizza
Sunday - Leftovers (everyone leaves by the afternoon)


On my To Do List:
Nothing, I'm giving myself the day off to enjoy, I have so much to do the rest of the week but I'm allowing myself some me time today.

 
New Recipe I tried last week:
Hawaiian Bread Rolls, so good.



In the craft basket:
My blanket, haven't had a chance to do anything, but I'm hoping today my me time will mean some crocheting.
 

Looking forward to:
The family reunion, but also being done with it?  Does that make me a mean person?  I hope not.  I mean I am so looking forward to having fun and spending time with everyone, but then I remind myself there will be 20 something people in my house for 4 days and all the food and clean up etc and I cringe hahahah


Homemaking Tip for this week:
If you ever find yourself hosting a big get together, I can't stress enough the need for lists, lists and more lists.


Favorite photo from last week:


Crochet


Lesson learned the past few days:
Oh my word, so many.  You know I think that we never stop learning and every single day there is something we see or hear that we had no clue about, we just have to pay attention.


On my Prayer List:
So many people, friends and family and everyone that needs it, whether it be for health, or wealth, or whatever it is that is going on in their lives.

 
Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:



14 comments:

threesidesofcrazy said...

Absolutely LOVE your inspiration this morning - SO SO SO TRUE!

There will NEVER be enough days to learn everything. I try to be sponge, especially about history. Just this past week I learned about Operation Mincemeat, Mary Fields and the Lykov family.

Have a wonderful reunion - it is ALWAYS wonderful to have such a thing and only human nature to not look forward to the clean-up after for the mere fact that it means it's over - it's like the drive home after a vacation.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Happy birthday dear Sandra. Have a lovely celebration with your family.

Enjoy the rest of the week preparing for the reunion.

FlowerLady

Unknown said...

Have a very Happy Birthday!, hope you enjoy the family reunion, and have lots of fun!xx

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!! Wishing you a day as beautiful as you are! <3

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Happy Happy Birthday dear Lady!! May this new year bring you every good thing and many blessings. Have a wonderful day and great week ahead!!
xoxo

Jean said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you enjoy your day. I'm pretty sure that if your birthday falls on a Monday, you are allowed to celebrate the entire week :)

Debbie said...

Happy, happy birthday Sandra!! Hope you have a wonderful day with your family. x

Sherry Jolly said...

Happy birthday! Hope you make time for YOU today!

Sherry

Renee said...

Happy Birthday and have a wonderful reunion!

Christy said...

Have fun with your family this weekend, and make sure you accept all offers to help! I would love a post (someday, when you have the time, ha ha) about good recipes for feeding a crowd. So far my go to is pasta or tacos (if I am doing all of the cooking, otherwise it is burgers and hot dogs when everyone brings a salad). Since we have had a few get togethers this summer, we have had a lot of tacos!

Stacey Minter said...

Hope you have a wonderful birthday. Have a great week.

Joanna Unbehaun said...

Happy Birthday, sweet lady! God Bless you today and always!

Sarah said...

Hope you're having a wonderful birthday! I turned 42 and I could do without the grey hairs, but it would be weird if I was 42 and looked 21 LOL. You still look gorgeous though!

I pray you have a wonderful time with all your family. Look forward to hearing the fun stories and seeing the photos!

Big hugs xxx

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday!! Those Hawaiian Bread Rolls sound so good, my son and I love the ones you buy at the store, but I have to admit, baking with yeast intimidates me, and I have never tried it, LOL. You’ll need 4 days to rest after having all those people in your home for 4 days!! Hope you have a wonderful time!!