Monday, August 17, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday - 08/17/2015

Good morning, welcome to another Happy Homemaker Monday.

Hope you all had a good, rested weekend and were able to recharge for the week ahead.  My weekend was extremely busy, full of people and I'm exhausted to be quite honest, but it's a good kind of tired.  I have a lot going on this week, school and other stuff, not to mention getting the house back to normal after the reunion, so I better get to it.

Before that.....let's see what's going on this Monday.




On the weather front:
Beautiful morning, a bit cloudy but the sun is peeking through and only supposed to reach a high of 98.  Some rain on Wednesday which will be quite nice. 

 
On my bedside table:
A Pattern of Lies by Charles Todd
The Ones we Trust by Kimberly Belle
Broken Homes and Gardens by Rebecca Kelley


On my TV:
Here's what is on my watch list at the moment:

Vlogs - The Witt family, The Michalaks, Mrs Meldrum
Period Drama - Life in Squares
TV - The Whispers, Beyond Scared Straight, Ghost Adventures


On the menu for tonight:
Crockpot Sloppy Joes


On the menu for this week:

I need to go through my fridge and work with what I have, I still have quite a bit of food left over from the reunion so I should be able to get by for at least a week without having to go grocery shopping.  I know what I'll be making today and tomorrow, but will have to come back and update the rest of the menu once I go through the refrigerator.

Monday - Crockpot Sloppy Joes
Tuesday - Chicken Korma, Rice
Wednesday -
Thursday -
Friday -
Saturday -
Sunday -


On my To Do List:
School
Vacuum and carpet clean
Get the whole house back in shape after reunion
Pay bills
Menu Plan

 
New Recipe I tried last week:
None, didn't have time to try anything


In the craft basket:
Still working on the blanket
Have to really kick the Cosplay into gear, only have 2 weeks to finish it all
 

Looking forward to:
The anime convention coming up next month, but also the fact that we are going to finally be able to catch up financially because after that outing, we have nothing else major going on.


Homemaking Tip for this week:
When having a big get together, make sure that you set a time for meals so guests know when to be ready.  For this family reunion we used my chalkboard wall to write up the menus for the 4 days, plus what time each meal was etc.  Everyone found it helpful not only knowing what was going to be served but at what time.


Favorite photo from last week:




Lesson learned the past few days:
Not to get so worked up over big get togethers, the truth is that when it's family, it's FAMILY.  Things don't have to perfect, everyone understands, everyone feels welcome and you just have fun.


On my Prayer List:
Family and friends

 
Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:

He who refreshes others will himself be refreshed(Proverbs 11:25 NIV


12 comments:

threesidesofcrazy said...

Glad you had a great reunion! I know as busy as you are, you are probably relieved to be getting back to routine too though. Love that picture. And your devotional seems apropos!

Joanna Unbehaun said...

Having family members over is so fun, but so exhausting! Love that sweet picture of the baby girl! Having lived in Texas, your pictures *almost* make me miss it!

Tina Leigh said...

I was wondering how things went. Glad yall had fun. I bet you are a great hostess. Hope you have a good week!

Laura {a spoonful of joy} said...

Oh, that baby!!!!
Yes, feeling that same good but exhausted feeling after a weekend with family!
Have a great week!!

Laura {a spoonful of joy} said...

Forgot to add that I LOVE your homemaking tip! I'm a grazer so I always like to know when to stop snacking in order to make sure I'm hungry for all the good stuff! ;)

Susanne said...

Sweet, sweet picture! I had to laugh when you said it's ONLY supposed to reach 98*. I would be dying at that temperature! Great tip for large day long or multi day gatherings.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

I bet it was so much fun this past weekend! It's always a sigh of relief when it's done, though, right? And then as you say - putting the house all back together again. But I'm sure it was all worth if for wonderful quality time with family.

I love that photo - what a little pumpkin!! I miss those days. ::sigh::

Been thinking back to school thoughts here. The 2 week countdown has begun ticking. Lol!
Blessings on your week dear Lady. xoxo

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

I missed joining in today, as it's our son's last day of military leave. He leaves in the morning, so we had a nice dinner tonight and had a "party" last Saturday. That photo is priceless. So adorable. I need to pay bills too.

Amy at love made my home said...

So glad that the reunion went well and that you had a wonderful time!!! It is good that you have leftovers so you don't have to worry about cooking for a few days, that helps to get over things doesn't it. I hope that you are having a good week and enjoying some relaxing time. xx

Renee said...

Glad to hear you had a great weekend and that it all went well!

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of the chalk board wall and the menu on it. So glad you had a great family reunion. I find it most difficult making food for so many people.

I have nominated you for the Three-Day Quote Challenge, I know we include quotes with our HHM, so this is a fun way to highlight some them. You can participate if you can, it's just for fun here's the information http://wp.me/pgklb-G5

Simply Quaint said...

What wonderful memories........

Blessings
Rhonda