Monday, February 08, 2016

Happy Homemaker Monday - 02/08/2016

Good morning everyone, welcome to another Happy Homemaker Monday.  How was your weekend?

Mine was pretty laid back, nothing really happened, actually spent Saturday watching scary movies on my bed, yep, I sure did and I didn't feel  guilty about it at all.  There's nothing wrong with taking a day to ourselves as homemakers, but don't worry, because I wasn't just sitting in bed watching movies, I was still doing laundry and house cleaning etc, and even painting furniture in my room, so yeah, I wasn't completely lazy.  Haha

Alright, let's get into our HHM for today, I actually went back to the very first one and pulled the categories for this week.

Please do me a favor, do NOT change up the categories, or create your own, because then it really isn't my Happy Homemaker Monday anymore, is it?  Just a little request, if you don't mind :)


happyhomemakermonday

The weather.....
Little chilly at nights and early morning, but beautiful blue skies and warm weather during the day.  I'm ok with that.
Today and tomorrow the high's will be 56 and 65, but Wednesday and Thursday we are hitting the 70's again, I can't wait.

Right now I am....
Sitting in bed, under my warm covers and typing up this post.  I will be getting up shortly after this and throwing on my workout gear for my Zumba session this morning.


Thinking....
About what all I need to get organized and done this week as my brother's family will be arriving next week.  They will be staying with us again for a month or two just until they get settled into town.


On my TV.....
On Saturday I watched The Visit and Ouija.  They weren't scary to me but I did enjoy them.  I also watched the new Will Ferrell called Daddy's Home and that was hilarious.
Been clearing out my DVR list, I have so many Lockup's on there, I didn't realize that I had forgotten to switch it to just the new episodes so it's been going on a recording rampage and every single lockup that shows up on the tv, is recorded.  UGH!!!


On the menu for this week....
Saturday I'll be grocery shopping, I only have a menu up until Friday, actually going to work on the new menu this morning.


Monday - Makeover Rigatoni with Bacon (this recipe calls for Asparagus too, but they're so expensive right now, I'm leaving them out)
Tuesday - Tomatillo and Cilantro Chicken Enchiladas, Mexican Rice
Wednesday - Chicken and Dumplings
Thursday - Taco Pasta Bake
Friday - Homemade Personal Pizzas

On my to do list....
Housework - Finish mine and hubby's laundry, Bed linens, Kid's laundry, vacuum, dust
Painting - Second coat on Curt's side table, start my side table, finish painting the video shelves
 
In the craft basket....
Finished my mood blanket, will show you pics in a post later this morning.
Working on my daughter's corner to corner blanket.
Would like to finish my niece's corner to corner blanket too before she gets here next week.
 
Looking forward to this week....
Just wanting a good week, quiet, productive

Looking around the house....
House is clean, I just want to run the vacuum over the living areas and dust a little.  Kitchen is clean and tidy from last night too.

From the camera....

_MG_1940


On my prayer list.....
I would like to ask you all for prayers for myself.  I just went for my first mammogram on Friday and this week I'll find out the results.  It's so nerve wrecking, so I'm asking for prayers not only for everything to be fine but for me not to worry or be scared.


Bible verse, Devotional....
5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. - Proverbs 3: 5-6


11 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Prayers for you to be at peace as you wait.

Have a lovely week ~ FlowerLady

threesidesofcrazy said...

Have a quiet and productive week - I too hope for just that.

Joanna Unbehaun said...

Many prayers for you, friend!

Christal said...

Prayers for you sandra, lots of hugs♡♡♡
Love christal

Jean said...

Waiting for things is so hard and nerve-racking. Praying you get great results and soon. Hope you have a peaceful and wonderful week!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Prayers for good results Sandra!! Hope you have a wonderful week as we begin the Lenten season. ;)
Blessings dear Friend. xoxo

Cher said...

Hi Sandra,
Thought of you when I saw these cupcakes. So cute. I hope the attachment comes through.
Cheryl

/Users/cheryljuhl/Desktop/Pug Cupcakes.png

Amy at love made my home said...

I hope that you have a good week, that all will be well, and that you will not be scared or worried about anything. xx

Liz said...

Praying for you, for peace and a good result following the mammogram.
I can't wait to see your mood blanket you finished.

Have a wonderful week.

Sarah Coller said...

Hoping all goes well with your mammogram and your family's visit! I'm excited to be joining the linkup for the first time today.

Blessings,
Sarah

Anonymous said...

I hope your test went well. I was reading your blog and I suggest you read some books by Gabriele Amorth (Vatican exorcist "An Exorcist Tells His Story" and "An Exorcist, More Stories"). A Ouija board, or some computer games such as Dungeons and Dragons can cause evil to enter. Andrea