Thursday, February 18, 2016

The laughs we share

 
If there is one thing about family, and I mean, real family who cares, is that no matter how much time apart you spend, when you reunite it's just like old times.

As you all know by now, my brother, his wife and my niece and nephew, arrived on Monday morning.  They have been wanting to leave Idaho and move to Texas for a while, the truth is that there really are no jobs available in the area they were in and things were starting to get quite difficult.

When they first arrived in South Africa in 2013, we took them in, and helped them get started in this beautiful country.  I am not going to say that it was easy, it wasn't, and if you go back and read some of my posts you will understand that no matter how much you love family, when you have 8 people living in one small house, it's bound to cause some friction here and there.

But it's all part of the family dynamics.  With that said, the financial burden is not an easy one either, but it's one that my husband and I gladly took on.

Fast forward to today and we are doing it all over again.  The difference this time is that we are in a much bigger house, with a much better financial situation to be able to help them.

So, here we are again.

I've been so busy the past few days, not only getting everyone settled in, but catching up, chatting, and laughing like I haven't laughed in a long time.  It feels good, it replenishes the soul and it makes any stress you may be feeling, seem quite minimal.

I don't know how long it will be for them to find jobs, find a home, and get settled in for good, but I'm quite positive that it is not going to take them very long at all.  With that said, I would like to ask you all for some prayers for them, it would be really appreciated.

As for us, well, Curt is still loving his job and doing wonderful, the kids are doing well in school and I'm just plodding along as always.  Oh and I got my results back from my mammogram and everything is clear and normal, which was such a huge relief.  Thank you to all who kept me in their prayers.

Yes I've been busy and haven't had much time to be online, but at least it's for a good cause, right?

Right, well it's almost 7am and I am in desperate need of some coffee and sustenance, so time to hop on off this bed and get to it.

7 comments:

threesidesofcrazy said...

HUGS & PRAYERS for you all. When it is all said and done, it really is ALL about family and what we do to help others. God Bless you and Curt for being the big hearted people you are and taking care of your family so well.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

So glad every thing was clear and normal for you!!!!

Praying that your brother and sis-in-law will have all of their needs met.

You and Curt have big hearts sharing your home and life with them while they search.

FlowerLady

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

I will surely keep everyone in my prayers. I do hope this move gives them a better chance at a decent living.

Renee said...

Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Amy at love made my home said...

So glad to hear that your results were all good! I hope that things turn out to be just as good for your brother and his family and your family too! xx

Row. said...

Happy to hear that your mammogram went well. Sending prayers and good thoughts to you and your family. I hope your brother and his family do well in Texas.

Laura {a spoonful of joy} said...

Such a generous heart you have to open up your home.
Glad to hear your mammogram results were good.
Have a lovely night!