Monday, February 29, 2016

Happy Homemaker Monday - 02/29/2016

Good morning everyone, welcome to another Happy Homemaker Monday edition.  Oh my word, I can't believe I didn't get a single post in last week, other than my Monday HHM.

The cold really did a number on me, I can say that I'm feeling much better but I'm still not 100%, and now I'm dealing with this horrible exhaustion.

I dragged myself to the doctor on Tuesday, I honestly couldn't take it anymore.  I was tested for Strep and the Flu and thankfully they both came back negative, but the doctor still put me on Flu antibiotics because my symptoms were all very consistent with a flu and not just a simple cold.  Whatever it was, it was horrible and it's been hanging around my house and made it's rounds.  My poor Nicholas is the one with it right now and he is so sick and so unhappy, poor kid.

I'm just praying and hoping this goes away and fast.


happyhomemakermonday


The weather.....
We had a rain day last week, but beautiful weather the rest of the time.  For this week we are looking at slightly cooler temps, but still pretty nice weather.



 
Right now I am....
Sitting with my cup of coffee, working on this post and petting my Lola.  My poor girl had 5 seizures a few days ago, I just really hate this for her, it's heartbreaking.


Thinking....
I'm so glad that I've finally turned the corner with this sickness, I hadn't felt that bad in a very very long time and it just reiterated for me, the fact that I don't have the patience or time to be down with a cold.   


On my TV.....
Watched Deadpool with the family last night.  We also always sit down together to watch The Walking Dead, it's just a fun time to sit and watch and chat about the show and yell at it together etc hahah
I've also started Fuller House on Netflix, and I know there are mixed reviews on it, but I love it, it's just such a sweet show and reminds of the good family shows we used to have back in the day.


On the menu for this week....


Monday -  Pork Cebolada (Bifes de Cebolada but I'm using pork), Rice, Salad
Tuesday - Shrimp Curry
Wednesday - Roast Chicken and Potatoes, Broccoli
Thursday -Sausage Rice
Friday - Homemade Cheesy Garlic Pizza


On my to do list....
Washing the bathroom floors with bleach
Disinfecting the whole house
Homeschooling

 
In the craft basket....
Still have the blankets

 
Looking forward to this week....
Hopefully getting rid of all the sickness in this house
Catching up on homeschooling, everyone's been down and lessons are quite behind at the moment


Looking around the house....
Needs some major disinfecting, I've been doing it as I go but I've been so poorly that I haven't been able to do a deeper cleaning. 


From the camera....
This weekend, the girls wanted to take some pictures so I grabbed the camera and went out front to grab some shots.  I got so many gorgeous ones, but here are some of my favorites.




Absolutely gorgeous.  I love the contrast between the two, they are so alike but so different in so many ways, just love it.


On my prayer list.....
My Lola, I've already asked God to remove whatever it is that is making her ill and have these awful seizures, and I truly believe in the power of God.
For us all, for this virus to leave our house once and for all.
My brother and sister in law, for jobs.



Bible verse, Devotional....




11 comments:

webofbutterflies said...

oh!u must be proud of your two beautiful daughters......an pics look cool!

threesidesofcrazy said...

So glad you're starting to feel better, but so sorry poor Nicholas has it now! Prayers that you get your energy back and he feels better soon too!

Love the pictures of the girls! So much fun and something they will fondly remember. The facial similarities along with the coloring differences make these especially striking.

Have a great week my friend!

Jodi said...

I am glad you are feeling better! I love the pictures of the girls!! Have a great week!!

Heather said...

Fun pictures!! And shrimp curry sounds so good.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

May sickness leave your home, may Miss Lola have no more seizures.

The girls are beautiful!

FlowerLady

Jean said...

I loved Fuller House! Such great pictures of the girls. Hope everyone at your house is 100% and healthy very soon and you have a wonderful week!

Debbie said...

I'm so pleased you're feeling better. The girls are beautiful! Have a lovely week Sandra.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

So glad you're better HOn! So sorry for Lola and Nicholas though. :( Hope you're able to disinfect all of those nasty germs out of your house for good!!

Such beautiful photos of the Girls. They're getting so grown up. xoxo

Blessings on your week and stay well!!

Joanna Unbehaun said...

I hope everybody gets to feeling better, and sending up a special prayer for Miss Lola!
Beautiful girls!
Have a beautiful week!

Liz said...

Oh goodness, what lovely girls! Great pictures.
Praying for Lola and for everyone in your house to feel better.
I am absolutely loving Fuller House. It's so fun and cheesy but sweet and sentimental. Just like the original.
Hope you have a nice week. Happy Monday.

Row. said...

Your daughters are so pretty! I love how different they are. your poor Lola, I cant even imagine. We are also enjoying Fuller House! Have a great week!