Thursday, February 04, 2016

Second Chances and Cleaning

Hello friends, I hope this post finds you all doing well.  I'm doing very well, save for a slight headache that has been brought on by me not getting my coffee today.

Tomorrow is the day, I have a 3D mammogram and was advised not to consume caffeine for 48 hours prior.  I'll do whatever I am told but boy has today been tough, I'm so used to my coffee in the morning and not being able to have it has just made me kinda cranky.

Would appreciate some prayers for me for tomorrow as I'm quite nervous about this.

Anyway, I have been so busy this week with visitors and organizing and cleaning, that I didn't get a chance to come in and share anything with you, until now.

Without even wasting any more time, let me show you what the hubby and I did.

_MG_1931

I picked up 4 storage tubs from the Family Dollar.  My plan is to replace every cardboard box in the garage with plastic, but I have to go slowly as I don't have the money to buy them all at once.

_MG_1932

The picture above is what the garage looked like before hubby and I got working cleaning and organizing.

_MG_1933

Moved most of the boxes to the far end of the garage, to the left is the door to the storm cellar.

_MG_1934

So much better, and you can see some of the tubs in use in the far back.

_MG_1936

After we finished cleaning, hubby and I decided to play some darts, have some chips and a couple of beers.  It was just a nice time for us to be able to relax and enjoy each others company.

_MG_1937

It's always a good day when you get so much done and feel like you've accomplished so much. 

So, why the title second chances?

Well, it has to do with our daughter and her boyfriend.  I haven't talked too much about them here on the blog, save for a mention here or there.  I did mention the breakup and that was something very hard for her and us as her parents to go through, watching how sad she was.

We were approached by her ex boyfriend on Sunday about a possible visit on Monday and Tuesday.  He had been trying to get her back, had reached out to me about a possible re connection and wanted to come and see her and us to talk things out.

As parents, it's hard to see your child hurt and it's hard to think about them being put back in that position, but we also have to look at the big picture and see how everyone is acting and behaving.

I won't go into details as I feel it's not fair to either one of them, and it's really not our place to tell, but I can say that he IS remorseful and that he is trying very hard to make amends, including driving 7 hours from Arkansas to Texas to apologize face to face to our daughter, but to sit down with both Curt and I and apologize as well.

Not many young men would do something like, to be honest.

So we're giving him another chance, we are prepared to welcome him back into our family and above all, my daughter is ecstatic and beaming and that means the world.

Truth is, they have a very strong bond, they adore each other, and they endured this break up, but they both grew from it, in different ways and are determined to make this work, so we are supporting them but also keeping an eye out on things.  


I've always thought they make a beautiful couple and I wish them both nothing but the best. 

Alright friends, I have a crochet blanket to finish.  I've added all the rows I wanted, and now I'm working on the edging, I decided to go with some of the colors from the blocks, but after I started with the burned yellow, I quickly realized I wasn't liking it, so I'm pulling it all out, and going to leave just the red and brown, and do a quick scallop edge in white.

_MG_1943

I hope you've all been well, I wish I had enough hours in the day to come and visit everyone.

Right now though, I need to end this post and get on out of here, staring at the computer is just exacerbating my headache.  UGH!!!

10 comments:

Sew Very Me said...

Sending you all my good vibes for the appointment tomorrow, just think of that cup of coffee when you're done :)
As for your daughter, wow she's is such a pretty young lady. Well done to her boyfriend for actually wanting to apologize to you and your husband. Young men like that are almost non-existent.

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

I will keep you and those adorable young ones in my prayers. Love the crochet blankie!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Love, hugs and prayers for you as you have this appointment.

You're doing a great job with the garage and getting things stored.

It's great that you and hubby had a nice time of darts, relaxing together. That's priceless.

Your daughter is beautiful! I can't believe how grown up she is. She was just a little girl not that long ago. She and her boyfriend make a sweet couple. I pray that if the relationship is meant to be, then it will be. I just read a great line from a book this past week. "Love happens when you forgive."

As my dear husband would say, her boyfriend is a 'gentleman and a scholar' for coming face to face to work things out, and to talk with you and your husband too. That says a lot.

Happy crocheting and have a great weekend ~ FlowerLady

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

The blanket looks great. Hope you get some coffee soon. It's too cold here for us to work in our garage. I have lots to organize before planting season starts too.

Sunny Simple Life said...

Parenting older kids is the hardest parenting there is. Ask anyone with older kids right?

Lil Raggedy Angie said...

Great job on the garage , I too am trying to organize and transiton to totes but sheesh are they ever pricey ! :( As for the second chances I hope the young man has truly learned and changed , you have a GORGEOUS daughter he is lucky to even get a second chance .Have a great weekend

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Thanks for the update Sandra! Continue prayers to your daughter and her boyfriend. May they find happiness wherever their path is to lead them in the future. Love seeing your crochet and what you've been up to around your home. ;)

Blessings! xoxo

skmanning said...

Your daughter is beautiful! I really hope things work out for them. Sunny Simple Life said it perfectly! My four kids are 20-30 years of age and it isn't getting easier!

Junk Removal NJ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.