Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Happy Homemaker WEDNESDAY???

I am so sorry for not getting this post up on Monday, but I didn't get a chance to even touch my computer until this morning.

My family arrived from Texas and we had to help unload the UHaul and get them settled in and such, I'm sure you understand.  It's going to be a bit busy around here, but I'm actually hoping to be able to keep posting daily, even if just to talk about what we're doing, how they're adapting etc.

So without further ado, here goes our Happy Homemaker Monday, on a Wednesday.  There's a first time for everything right? 


happyhomemakermonday

The weather.....
It's been absolutely beautiful here, this week we are seeing temps in the 90's, gorgeous blue skies and it really feels like we're headed into summer.

 
Right now I am....
Sitting in the girl's room chatting with them, typing up this post and helping my daughter with school.


Thinking....
About all these changes going on around me, and trying to keep myself grounded without becoming overwhelmed.


On my TV.....
Have to watch The Walking Dead tonight but other than that, just don't have time for anything else.


On the menu for this week....
Cooking for 8 people again so have to work on easy, good, filling meals.

Monday -
Tuesday - Fettucine Alfredo, Salad
Wednesday - Ajo Chicken and Rice
Thursday - Husband's Delight, Garlic Bread
Friday - Italian Sandwiches, Fries


On my to do list....
Getting the family situated.

 
In the craft basket....
Have two crochet blankets I would like to work on, just haven't had time. 

 
Looking forward to this week....
Spending time with family, chatting, catching up.


Looking around the house....
With 8 people now residing here, full time, things are bound to get a little nuts.  I have to make sure to stay on top of the cleaning otherwise......chaos.


From the camera....
My beautiful girl




On my prayer list.....
My family, that they are able to find jobs pretty quickly and get settled into their own house.  It's always so hard to have to make such a big move and restart over again.


Bible verse, Devotional....
5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. - Proverbs 3: 5-6

4 comments:

Liz said...

You are such an amazing person. I love your menu! We did husband's delight last night. Yum! Hope things are going smoothly and that your family's move to Texas was less eventful than yours was.

Jean said...

As someone who often puts my Happy Homemaker posts up on Tuesdays (sometimes quite late), I totally get it. Hope you are enjoying your time with your family!

Amy at love made my home said...

Beautiful photo of your daughter! She looks so happy! xx

Michelle said...

Love, love, LOVE your blog Sandra! I've been following you for years. :) I would like to ask you what your recipe for Husband's delight is?