Tuesday, October 13, 2020

{ Finished crochet slippers and a new review book }

_MG_9234 
 
I almost didn't make it in to post, I figured I didn't do much of anything today, or at least anything worth blogging about.  
 
Then I reminded myself that the point is not to have anything exciting, but rather to keep a daily journal of what I am doing.  So here I am, bringing just a few pictures of my day, starting with the finished crochet slippers.  
 
These were by far the quickest and easiest pattern I have ever found for crochet slippers.  I looked on Youtube for various tutorials and this one caught my eye.

_MG_9228 

How adorable are these? I can't believe how comfy and warm they are, which means, I can't quite wear them yet as we are not down to cold enough temperatures to sport these throughout the day. 
 
I do plan to make a few more, and I am also looking for some tutorials for crochet socks. Fingers
 crossed!
 
 _MG_9223 _MG_9224 _MG_9227

I gave my bedroom a really good clean and sprayed all the linens, curtains and even carpets with this lovely spray. 

Lavender and Sage!

It's a beautiful scent combination.  While I was working in the bedroom, both Marley and Elliott laid about at my feet, just laying there enjoying the sun shining in through the windows.

I am thrilled that they are finally at a stage where they lay together, nap together and leave each other alone, though the main culprit was Elliott, he was constantly trying to attack Marley  LOL

_MG_9229 

The UPS driver has been at my house every day, dropping off books. 
 
My Fall/Winter review tour books are all coming in and there's really nothing better than book mail, is there? 
 
I received the one below just this afternoon. Looks so good, but then so do all the others. Blessed to be a part of this book review blog community, it's been a blessing for sure. 
 
_MG_9238 
 
And speaking of books, I had someone request one of my books on Paperbackswap, so while I was over on the sight taking care of that, I went ahead and order 4 books for myself. 
 
I had the credits and hey, I am obsessed with books and just never seem to have enough on the shelf.
 
I will show you the books the minute they come in, but just in case you're curious, I got:
 
The Widow of the South by Robert Hicks
Anne Frank:  The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank
Four Perfect Pebbles: A Holocaust Story by Lila Perl, Marion Blumenthal Lazan
I Have Lived a Thousand years:  Growing up in the Holocaust by Livia Bitton-Jackson

I am currently obsessed with anything and everything to do with the Holocaust.  As a History buff I go through stages, sometimes I live and breathe The Tudor Era, or the Vikings, now it's Holocaust, and who knows what tomorrow will bring.

So there you have it, my day in a nutshell.  Not much happening, I did take Jasmine to work and picked her up with hubby.  Also made dinner and meal planned.

Typical homemaker day.

3 comments:

Peggy Lorenz said...

Can you please post a link for the crochet slippers? That is a great gift idea!

Luludou said...

I like the crochet slippers. I have made some yoga crochet socks but I don't find crochet cuffs are elastic enough... so I did the cuffs in knitting and the reminder of the sock in crochet.
I too like reading about the Holocaust, not for the frail of hearts!

Christal said...

Could you share the link for the crochet slippers you used, they are very pretty 😊