Monday, October 12, 2020

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 10/12/2020 }

Good morning sweet friends.
 
It is a beautiful morning here in Texas, 60 degrees of pure bliss.  I hope you've all had a wonderful weekend and are ready for this work/school week ahead.
 
I have quite a bit of school to catch up on with Nick.  Since my mother in law passed, he hasn't been feeling very well and just can't seem to concentrate on anything, so we are working on that and using this week that he will be on Fall break, to really get caught up.
 
I've been busy with crochet, knitting, reading and blogging.  If you haven't noticed, which I'm sure you have, I have managed to crank out quite a few posts this week.  Feels so good to be back on track, and I'm hoping I can continue through the end of the year and into next.

Right, let's see what is happening in our households, with another Happy Homemaker Monday.
 



♥♥The Weather♥♥ 

It is just 60 degrees so it feels amazing outside.  The rest of the week we are staying in the 60s and 70s, which means I no longer have to walk around feeling like I'm melting.   

Monday - 79
Tuesday - 83
Wednesday - 93
Thursday -  71
Friday - 68
Saturday -  78
Sunday - 79

♥♥How I am feeling this morning♥♥

I am feeling quite good.  Managed to sleep well, have had my coffee and am just ready to get on with my day.
 

♥♥On my mind♥♥ 

Just homeschooling, some projects I want to get done and trying to keep a running list of my to dos, so I don't forget them. 
 

 ♥♥On the breakfast plate♥♥

Just had a cup of coffee with sugar cookie creamer, so good.    

♥♥Right now I am♥♥

Sitting on my bed, watching some Vlogtober videos on Youtube, and working on this post.
 

♥♥On my reading pile♥♥ 

I have so many books going at the moment.  I am still getting through Psalms in my Bible.

I am also reading Sisters of War, The Divine Revelation of Heaven and Hell and Trump's Pro Christian Accomplishments.
 
Am I the only one who reads multiple books at once? 
 

♥♥On today's to do list♥♥

Homemaking.....Kitchen, vacuuming and dusting.  Might switch my living room around again.
Homeschooling.....American Government Unit Test, English Discussion, Earth Science
Garden.....check for tomatoes ready to harvest, put bamboo sticks in with the peas so they can climb 

 ♥♥On my tv♥♥

My Portuguese Soap *Quer o Destino*.

Vlogtober videos on Youtube. (During Vlogtober and Vlogmas I switch to crochet and knitting vlogs, which are some of the most beautifully made ones.  In my opinion) 
 

♥♥On the menu this week♥♥ 

Monday - Sweet Heat 7 Up Chicken, Twice Baked Potatoes
Tuesday - Sweet and Sour Pork,  Basmati Rice
Wednesday - Smoked Sausage Cajun Alfredo, Salad
Thursday - Saucy Pork Country Ribs, Rice, Beans
Friday - *Grocery Shopping*
Saturday -
Sunday -

♥♥From the camera♥♥

Hot coffee on a chilly morning.  I took this one last week, on a particularly chill morning of 39 degrees. 

_MG_9193


♥♥Looking around the house♥♥

Both kids are still asleep, Jasmine is off today so she is making the best of it.  Curt is also off work today, so I have the whole family home.  Nothing I love more.

My bedroom curtains and windows are open, letting in the loveliest of breezes.  It is almost 8am and the sun is still working it's way up over the horizon. 

♥♥New recipe I tried last week, or one that we really enjoyed♥♥

I actually tried 2 new recipes from Plain Chicken and I've added them to the food blog, go on over and take a look.

_MG_9176

_MG_9144

♥♥To relax this week, I will♥♥

Read and crochet.  I made myself a crochet slipper last night and want to make the second one today, then go through my yarn and pick out some more for others. 


 ♥♥Something I want to share♥♥ 

One of my favorite youtube channels to watch, is Fairyland Cottage.  She puts out such gorgeous videos and always has great tips and tricks.  As you can tell from the title of her channel, she lives in a cottage in Ireland, and oh my goodness, how pretty it is.

She did a tour of her cottage a few days ago, so I'm sharing that here with you all.  Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

 

 ♥♥On my prayer list♥♥

My nephew is going to see the doctor today, to hopefully remove the cast he has on his broken leg and put a boot.  Praying for fast healing for his leg. 

Praying over our country, over our President and over the elections coming up.  No matter what happens, just remember that we are all human, and that we have to co habitate on this planet, so let's be kind to one another. 

6 comments:

Jean said...

Love the hot coffee picture. Looking forward to coming back and checking out the cottage tour when I have a few more minutes later tonight or tomorrow. Hope you have a wonderful day and new week ahead!

Carol said...

I'm loving the regular blog posts again, Sandra! Wishing you a great week ahead!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Happy week to you dear Friend!
I'm intrigued by 7up chicken. 😉 I'm with you and often reading several things at once! Lol And that video is right up my alley. Thanks for sharing. Be blessed. 🙏

threesidesofcrazy said...

Your weather sounds heavenly for Texas! I hope you have a wonderful week and get all caught on schooling. I can't wait to get home and back into routine!

ann said...

I really enjoyed touring the Irish cottage!

Luludou said...

The picture of the coffee and pumpkin is just so cozy! I'm off to tour the Irish cottage. Have a great week.