Monday, October 05, 2020

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 10/05/2020 }

Good morning dear friends.  How are you on this chilly Fall day?  

I must say, I am loving the cooler temperatures.  There is something about waking up to misty roads, crisp air and changing leaves on the trees.  

I hope you've had a restful weekend, mine was good but I didn't get as much rest as I was hoping for.  We had to run errands on Saturday, and then yesterday we went over to my brother's house because my husband needed us all to get together, to record a bible study group for his degree.  It was quite interesting and made us all think about our lives, the kind of people we are and if we are being righteous people, as well as what we need to change within ourselves.  

Anyway, this is going up a little later than usual, I've had a bit of a crazy morning, been rushing around and am now finally sitting down to type up the post.  

Thank you all for joining in each week, I truly do appreciate it.  

Have a blessed week. 



♥♥The Weather♥♥
Lots of sunny days ahead.

Monday - Abundant sunshine, 82
Tuesday - Sunny, 87
Wednesday - Sunny, 90
Thursday -  Sunny, 89
Friday - Sunny, 87
Saturday -  Sunny, 90
Sunday - Sunny, 92


♥♥How I am feeling this morning♥♥

A bit tired.  Bit sniffly, but that is expected with the weather change. 

 

♥♥On my mind♥♥
Nothing in specific, though I do want to start getting more blog posts up, so been thinking about that.  

 
♥♥On the breakfast plate♥♥

Had a cup of coffee and two small slices of bread with plain butter on them.          


♥♥On my reading pile♥♥
Book of Psalms in my Bible.  

President Trump's Pro Christian Accomplishments - my brother sent me this book to read, it's quite good. 

A Divine Revelation of Heaven and Hell by Mary K. Baxter.

Also, picked up some books at the Christian store, will show them to you later this afternoon in a different post. 

 
♥♥On my tv♥♥

 My Portuguese Soap *Quer o Destino*
Vlogtober on Youtube


♥♥On the menu this week♥♥


Monday - Slow Cooker Texas BBQ Chicken, Macaroni and Cheese

Tuesday - Deep Dish Taco Pie, Salad

Wednesday - Crack Chicken Pierogie Pie

Thursday - Fried Sausage and Potatoes

Friday - 3 Cheese Sausage Alfredo, Garlic Parmesan Skillet Bread

Saturday - Sweet Heat 7 Up Chicken, Twice Baked Potatoes

Sunday - Sweet and Sour Pork



♥♥From the camera♥♥
I love my candles but with a kitten in the house now, I'm having to be extremely careful of when I light them.  

Would love any tips on dealing with cats and candles, plants etc. 



♥♥Looking around the house♥♥
I am currently sitting on my bed (of course), working on this post.  I have my bedroom windows open and the fresh crisp air is coming in.  Feels so good.

Curt had to pop into work, so he took Jasmine to her workplace first so that I didn't have to go out.  I love my husband.  

Nick is still asleep, I mean, he is 17 after all and that seems to be what they all do at this age. 

 
♥♥New recipe I tried last week, or one that we really enjoyed♥♥
Made a slow cooked spaghetti casserole on Saturday.  It was so good, and nothing really special about it.  I basically browned my ground beef, added in the jar of spaghetti sauce, then added half the meat mixture to the bottom of the slow cooker.  Topped it with a box of spaghetti noodles that I broke into thirds, then topped with the remaining meat mixture.  Added in a cup of water, and finished it off with 2 cups of cheese.  I cooked it on HIGH for 2 hours, and it was really yummy.


♥♥To relax this week, I will♥♥

Read more and I really want to get some crochet in as well. 

 

♥♥On my prayer list♥♥  

My nephew Colby, he had surgery on his leg last week and is now going through the long process of healing.  For an 18 year old who is used to going to school and out with his friends, it is very difficult to find himself stuck in the house, without being able to do anything. 

We are all going through the grieving process, but I do worry about my husband.  He is not talking about it, not thinking about it and doing his best to just ignore the fact that his mom just passed.  He told me he is not ready to face it yet.  I'm surrounding him in prayer and just supporting him however he needs. 

President Trump as he battles Covid, and every one else not just in this country, but all over the world who are currently fighting this virus. 

 



5 comments:

threesidesofcrazy said...

Glad your weather seems to be holding sunny and yummy menu this week. Your reading list sounds pretty interesting. Sending prayers and hugs to Curt and all of you as you continue this grieving journey. I hope you have a GREAT week.

Joanna Unbehaun said...

Plain bread and butter is my favorite! As for Elliott and the candles, he will grow out of it, I promise!

Luludou said...

Looks like you will be getting a sunny week. Have a great week

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

The cooler temps make me very happy! Prayers for Colby for sure!

Jean said...

Cats and plants, I find depends on the cat. Our old cat ignored most plants and I just try to put candles in a place where the cat can't (or won't get). Of course, I don't know if I lit candles as often when she was a kitten. Plants are harder as the Internet can you scare you a bit. Mostly, I think cats have pretty good instincts about plants but still a good idea to keep an eye on them. Hope your week is off to a wonderful start! (Still thinking of your family and your recent loss)