Thursday, January 28, 2021

{ Books Read Crochet Blanket }

January 28, 2021 
Hello everyone, how has your week been so far?  I am a little surprised at how quick we've gone from Monday to Thursday night. 
 
Well that and the fact that we are ending the first month of 2021 this weekend.  Shocked!
 
I've been busy this week with my usual homemaking and quite frankly, minding my own business and sticking to myself here at home.  If there's one thing the Lord has been really putting on my heart, it is to stay grounded, stay focused on Him and continue living my life away from the noise and the chaos of the world around us.
 
I've heeded that word and have been submersing myself into just that, home, family, homemaking, crocheting, reading and watching good family shows on TV.
January 28, 2021

January 28, 2021

January 28, 2021 
 
These moments spent with my loved ones, human and furry, are some of the best in my life. 
 
Truly I tell you, if you are feeling stressed or overwhelmed, give it unto the Lord and then shut out the outside world, live your life to the best of your ability, be kind, surround yourself with love and joy and I promise you, it will make a world of difference.

January 28, 2021 January 28, 2021

A few nights ago I had this idea pop into my mind.  I was wanting to get through my yarn stash and also work on a crochet project that wouldn't require too much attention, too much counting of stitches or concentration.
 
Nowadays, it is hard to find long chunks of time where I'm not being interrupted by one or both of the animals, or doing homeschooling, or something else.
 
And that is when this idea came forward.  Why not make a Books Read Crochet Blanket?
 
Each book that I read this year, I will make a granny square with the colors from the cover, and at the end of the year, I will put it all together.  It is a way of working on a new crochet blanket, and also documenting the books I'll be reading throughout 2021.

January 28, 2021

I wasn't sure if I wanted to do stripes, or squares, but I decided on squares because they're easier to add as I go along.  
 
I also didn't know what kind of square to do, I was debating intricate pretty squares, either all the same design or different patterns, but the point was to keep it simple, so a granny square it is. 

January 28, 2021

January 28, 2021

January 28, 2021

I am quite excited to see this all put together at the end of the year, and in the meantime it is fun to put these together using the colors from each book cover.

January 28, 2021

I've also been moving things around, here and there.  My philodendron is hugeeeeeeee.  I could no longer keep her hanging by the window because she was almost down to the ground, not kidding.

I've moved her to this book shelf for now and she looks just beautiful.

January 28, 2021

I'm hoping to get more of these, as they're so easy to take care of and always look so pretty.  
 
I'm already thinking of Spring and plants, can't wait for the warmer weather, so that I can get outdoors, get my garden going, having barbecues, spend time in the pool and so on.
 
In the meantime, while we endure the cold weather, I'll just plan my garden, make lists of seeds to buy and get prepared so that when gardening time comes around, I'll be all set to go.\
 
Have you started planning your garden yet? 

3 comments:

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

I love the idea of the granny square to match the book cover idea. I too am focusing on us at home and blocking the negative world stuff out. I'm glad we are remodeling too. I have found books on my self I haven't read and want too. The first one however doesn't have a book jacket on it. If I were to crochet a granny square it'd be burgundy lol. Have a great weekend.

ELISABETE said...

Olá, vim conhecer o seu blog! adorei....
Passando para te desejar uma boa noite.
Venha conhecer o meu! O link é:
https://ofantasticomundodebete.blogspot.com/
Beijinhos !
Obs: estou seguindo você.

collettakay said...

What a fun idea to crochet granny squares to match your book covers! Enjoy your reading AND crocheting time! Two of my favorite things :)

Colletta