Monday, January 11, 2021

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 01/11/2021 }

Good morning sweet friends, and a very Happy Monday to you!
 
It is a cold day here in Texas, but thankfully not as chilly as this weekend was.  I don't think we have ever had so much snow in our area, since we moved here in 2015.  It's nuts!
 
So here we are, the second week in January already, what?
 
Today is also my younger brother's birthday and though I've already messaged him, I just wanted to mention it here too.  :)
 
Now, let's see what is going on in our homes this week. 
 
 
 
The weather outside is::::
Currently 34 degrees.  Looks like we are having a pretty mild week ahead. 

Monday -  46
Tuesday -  55
Wednesday - 61
Thursday - 61
Friday - 54
Saturday - 56
Sunday - 55


On the breakfast plate this morning::::
Just had a cup of coffee with Vanilla Creamer.  Not sure what I'll eat for breakfast, not hungry yet. 

 
As I look outside my window::::
The grass is all wet, we had overnight rain/snow/ice showers.  Yesterday we woke up to an ice covering, it was freezing cold but so pretty.        


As I look around the house::::
It is still pretty dark.  I have the back screen door open, Elliott likes to lay right up against it and look outside.  I don't know how he does it, especially on cold mornings.
The house is clean, so aside from the daily tasks of dishes and cooking, I don't have to do anything else.          

 
What I'm wearing today::::
At the moment I am wearing my Cath Kidston winter pajamas, that my daughter gifted me back in August, for my birthday.  Will probably put on some leggings and a long sleeved top later.            

 
Currently reading::::
Middle of Jeremiah in the Bible, and I have to say, it feels like it was written for the times we are in at the moment.  Wow!

Four Perfect Pebbles:  A Holocaust Story   

Have a few review books lined up, so should start receiving those soon.  So excited!

 
On the TV for this week::::
My Portuguese soap "Bem me Quer"
Vlogs on Youtube
 
 
On the menu this week::::
I did a post many years ago, about how I rotate all my kitchen appliances.  We all have so many, but they end up in the back of a cupboard and not really used much.  I like to rotate mine every two weeks, and so usually I'll plan my menus according to the appliance I want to use for that time period.
 
This time, I am pulling out the slow cooker, and pretty much every meal on the menu, will be cooked in the crockpot.  Except for one or two, like today's dinner, I am making a pot roast, but the old fashioned way like my great grandma used to.
 
Monday - Beef Pot Roast, Roast potatoes, salad
Tuesday - Crockpot Cheesy Kielbasa Hashbrown Bake, Creamed Spinach
Wednesday  - Crockpot Pork Chops and Gravy, Basmati Rice, Mixed Veggies
Thursday - Crockpot Honey Garlic Chicken, Aioli Spaghetti, Green Beans 
Friday - Crockpot Chili Mac, Salad
Saturday - Crockpot Nachos
Sunday -Grilled Tuna Steaks, Garlic Potatoes
 
 
Something fun to share::::
You all are so sweet, thank you so much for all the kind messages about these videos I've been sharing.  I find that I live a much happier life, when I tune out the news and just surround myself with calming, peaceful and educational videos.  I found a new channel yesterday, that I'm so excited to share with you all.  
 
This channel only has a handful of videos, but I really enjoyed watching them.  It's called The Ulengovs and posts videos about a family living in a village in Russia.   Today's video is called Making Pumpkin Belesh!
 
 
 
Favorite photo from the camera::::
Life is busy, and I know that a lot of times, due to everyone having different schedules, it is often difficult to sit down to eat together.  But, I have always made sure that dinner time, the family sits together to eat.  I set the table, even if we are having something small like a frozen pizza on a weekend night.   It's a habit that I want my children to take with them into the future.   
 
This was from last week, no one was very hungry, and hubby said to just throw in a frozen pizza, and that is what I did.  We still gathered around the table, chatted and enjoyed our meal.          
 
 

Prayers, Inspiration quotes, Devotionals::::
God, I feel depleted. Help me replenish my weary soul by Your Holy Spirit’s power. Make me more aware of Your presence, and help me carry on in devotion to You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

 


7 comments:

Jean said...

What a fantastic idea for the appliances! I hold off buying a lot of the "fun" looking appliances because I think they'd just get lost or end up unused in the basement. Now, I'm going to have to ponder the rotation idea. Funny you mentioned sitting together at the table, that's my one thing for us for January. To sit together at the table at least 3 days a week. Hope you have a wonderful new week!

threesidesofcrazy said...

Tuning out the news is the BEST survival tool in these times. We quit watching it on the screen years ago, but it's never been truer than it is now that survival mentally depends on ignoring the "talking" heads!

I had eliminated my unused appliances (like a bread maker) years ago and only have a few left. I prefer to make bread the old fashioned way, etc... But, hubby did get me a new toy, a Ninja Foodi Grill, this year that we have been using a lot already with the cold weather here. So far I have used the grill, air fryer and dehydrator functions and love how quick, tasty and easy to clean it is!

I wondered how you had faired in the weekend storms when friends from Austin and San Antonio were posting snow pictures. Stay warm and have a GREAT week.

GranthamLynn said...

I like your idea too. Very clever. My Cowboy used to buy gadgets. Thankfully not anymore! Thanks for the party.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Hello Dear Friend,
Well you haven't been that much warmer than up here in the northwoods. Lol Makes for nice cozy time. I never thought about my appliances that way - that's really clever. I'll need to look at that. And I think I need to start reading in Jeremiah for my devotional time! 😉
Happy bday to your Brother. Love the gathering as a family for dinner - so important. Love the video! I really wanted to try a piece of the pumpkin thing when it came out of the oven. Lol Blessings on your week. xo

Luludou said...

1st time I hear of rotating appliances, that's a good idea. When the kids were here we did have family at the table for supper every day.
I have started watching vlogs on youtube now and I do appreciate it especially in the morning when I wake up to relax.
Have a great week

Jenna H. said...

YUM - that menu sounds delicious for the week! I hope you have a wonderful rest of the week!
Jenna ♥
Stay in touch? Life of an Earth Muffin

Heather said...

Love that last photograph, so pretty! I have never thought to make Pork Chops in the crockpot! I will have to try that soon. I'm always looking for dinner ideas.