Monday, November 29, 2021

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 11/29/2021 }

Good morning dear friends.  Hope you're all staying warm, hope you've had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your families, and most of all I hope you are all doing well mentally and physically.
 
I've been a bit away from the computer and social media.  Sometimes it's good to step back and focus on ourselves and our families, it helps us to shift our minds back to those things that really matter, and to push away the noise and toxicity of every day life.
 
As we head into December, I have a lot I want to do.  Beginning with my Christmas decorating, which is slowly starting to happen.  I also plan on doing a full month Bible Reading Plan for the month of December, and I'll be sharing that with you all, in case someone wants to join in.
 
Daily posts are also going to happen, so I'm really excited and looking forward to this month coming up.  
 
I have made a new graphic for our Happy Homemaker Monday, just thought it would be nice to change it up a bit, and make it more Christmas and holiday themed.  Feel free to save it and use it in your HHM posts this month.  You will also notice that I've changed some of the categories for this month to make it a bit more holiday themed as well, so I'm hoping all these little changes, will bring you joy.
 
But, let's get going, by the way, I'm sure many of you will have already completed your posts with the usual categories, and that's ok.  If you want to go back and change them you can, and if you want to just join in from next week, that is fine too.  Whatever works for you.
 
Have a blessed week, friends!!!



♥♥The Weather♥♥ 
We are still dealing with pretty warm afternoons and cold mornings, which has been wreaking havoc on everyone around here, and especially my sciatica.  Really hoping the weather settles on one temperature and stays there.   
 

♥♥How I am feeling this morning♥♥
Pretty good, slept well and aside from the sciatica pain, I'm good. 
 

♥♥On my mind♥♥ 
The holidays, I can't believe we are just 26 days from Christmas.  Now my mind goes into overdrive and starts trying to get everything done in time.     
 

 ♥♥Something Christmas related I've done the past few days♥♥
I just redid my fireplace mantel.  I usually do the Christmas village on it, but decided against it this year, and have just gone with a simpler look.  Garland, candles, pinecones and twinkly lights. 
          

♥♥Christmas movie I watched♥♥
A Castle for Christmas on Netflix, with Brooke Shields.  Very cute movie.   


♥♥What I'm wearing today♥♥
Still in my pajamas while finishing up this post, then tights and a long sleeved shirt, paired with my fave slippers.  Jasmine is off today, so I can stay home.   

♥♥On my reading pile♥♥ 
I am getting ready to do a December reading plan, leading up to Christmas.  I will share it daily here on the blog, starting December 1st.  
Also reading a few review books. 

♥♥On today's to do list♥♥
Sweet and mop kitchen floor
Pull out more Christmas decorations
Cancel my husband's bank cards, he lost his wallet yesterday. 
Start a list for Christmas cooking and baking
Start a list for Christmas gifts.  This year we are buying for our own immediate families (husband, children), then pulling names for the remaining family to make it cheaper.  We will also do a White Elephant Gift Exchange.  


 ♥♥On my tv♥♥
Christmas movies.....today I'll be watching Let it Snow on Netflix.


♥♥What I'm listening to♥♥
Christmas ambience videos on Youtube

♥♥On the menu this week♥♥

As I was preparing my menu plan for the next two weeks, and my grocery list, I did a quick look through my freezers to see what meats I still had.  Turns out I had quite a few, thank God, so I planned my meals around what I already had.  The half kielbasa sausage, will be used for an Alfredo pasta.  I also had bratwurst that I bought on sale about 2 months ago, so will make some of that for one meal.  
 
Tuesday - Kielbasa Alfredo Pasta, Sauteed Greens
Wednesday - Grilled Bratwurst, Potato Salad 
Thursday - Roast Chicken Thighs, Buttered Rice, Cauliflower Gratin
Friday - Steaks with Pepper Sauce, Baked Potatoes, Veggies
Saturday - Ikea Style Meatballs, Garlic Noodles, Creamed Corn
Sunday -  Leftovers

 
♥♥From the camera♥♥
Homemaking is filled with mundane chores, some done over and over on the same day.  Others, once a week and still others once a month.  However we choose to tackled these chores, determines how we feel about our homes.  I always look at them as taking care of my family, as making my home cozy and warm or as simply adding my love into the four walls that surround us.
 
Washing kitchen towels and rags, is not exactly what I would call fun, but I do enjoy walking by my kitchen sink and seeing beautiful colors submerged in bubbly hot water.  It's the little things that count.   
 


♥♥Looking around the house♥♥
I pulled out my garlands yesterday so there are tons of tiny little green pieces all over my carpets.  I thought I had vacuumed them all up, but just walking through the living room, I realized I missed some, so that needs to be taken care of.
There are a few glimpses of Christmas here and there, but nothing much yet.  I plan to change that today. 
  

♥♥In preparation for the holidays♥♥
I will be making Rissois as I always do, and they take quite a bit of time, so I am thinking about making them this week, freezing them and then all that I need to do is fry them on Christmas Eve. 

♥♥On my prayer list♥♥ 
My sister in law Hayley.  She has a tough decision to make, her surgeon wants her to decide on a lumpectomy or a full double mastectomy.  I pray the Lord guide her, give her clarity, wisdom and revelation for the right decision.  



9 comments:

Daniela said...

Thank you for hosting dear Sandra!
Praying for you all
XO Daniela at 'My little old world'

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Ha! I watched that movie with Brooke Shields yesterday. Good movie. Have a nice week!

Christal said...

Prayers for your sister in law and all of you Sandra, the Lord will give her peace, comfort and strength 🙏❤️❤️❤️

Jean said...

I love the new categories! Such a fun idea. Your kitchen towels and rags photo is so pretty. I thought it was a blanket before I read your post. Many prayers for you sister in law. Hope you have a wonderful week!

Lisa K Thomasson Jung said...

I love the new graphics . It seems we are all on a made dash to Christmas.

Luludou said...

Thinking of your sister in law. Added the new categories to my blog. thks!

Deanna said...

Sandra, Blessings to you! As we enter into December, may you have a peaceful and pleasant month.
Participating in this week's HAPPY HOMEMAKER MONDAY.
~d

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

You are such a wonderful homemaker lovely Friend! I love how your mantel looks. So pretty! I can't believe how fast the time is flying. Trying to focus on the true reason for the season and cut down phone time too. Prayers for your SIL 🙏
Have a blessed week. xo

threesidesofcrazy said...

I backed away A LOT over the past week or so also so I could concentrate on the Thanksgiving holiday and preparing for Christmas. I just finished my decorating today and also did a much simpler version this year as we're trying to concentrate on my spirituality and the true reason for the season. I also did a deep inventory of the freezer and pantry today to form this month's menu and use up everything I can. HUGS to Hayley - not an easy choice no matter what - did she also have the BRCA testing? That might help her with decisions? Blessings my friend!