Friday, December 01, 2023

Stitchmas Advent Calendar - Day One

IMG_5480 

 
I have always wanted to have one of these cool advent calendars, that I could open every day, and find some wonderful gift.  But, I find them to be quite expensive, and if I were to get one for myself, I would want to do it for my family too, and so I never have.
 
Then last year, after Christmas, me and my husband, brother and sister in law,  went to check out the Hobby Lobby sale.  We found quite a few nice things, and one of those was this amazing Advent Calendar, that my husband bought me because he knew just how much I've always wanted one.

For the whole year, it has sat in the closet, waiting.  Every time I would see it I would get excited, just counting down the months and days until I could finally dig in.

When the 1st of December rolled around, I immediately grabbed it from the closet and could not wait to get into that big box.  I wasn't sure what I would find, and was really hoping that I would love the gifts inside.  However, I was not prepared for the cuteness that would come out of bag 1 for the first day.  If this is a hint at the kind of gifts I would be opening for the next 12 days, I was in for a huge treat.

So, I'm going to share with you each day, what the gift is, and I think that if you love stitching and crocheting and knitting and so forth, you are going to fall in love with this calendar.  I know I have, and now I feel the need to rush to Hobby Lobby after Christmas, and try to find another.  
 

Here's Day One:


IMG_5481

IMG_5482

IMG_5484

I mean, how adorable is this?  

A crochet nativity set, it brings everything you need, the little wooden barn structure, the directions and the yarns.  I can't wait to get this made, and put away for next year's decorations.

Are you curious to see what I got on day two?  Come back tomorrow and check it out.  Also if you have a sweet calendar you've been opening, let me know down below in the comments, I love seeing all the different advent calendars people have. 

No comments: