Slow Cooking Thursday!!! June 77:13 AM
Welcome to my weekly Crockpot Recipes Exchange. It's such a great way to share your avorite dishes or to learn some new ones to make for your family.
What do you think??? Do You have some great recipes to share, or perhaps you're looking for some delicious ones to give you a reason to pull out the ol' crockpot???Time to pull out those crockpots and put them to good use. If you want to join in, just grab the banner and add your name to Mr Linky :)
On monday I made the Slow Cooker Pork on a Bun that Lori posted last week, it was delicious, the family loved it and it's definitely going down on my favorite recipes list. Thank you Lori :) THUMBS UP!
For tonight I'm fixing Smokehouse Burgers, it's not a slow cooker meal but it's one we've been wanting to try for a while, will let you know how those turn out :)
Crockpot Fish Chowder
* 2 pounds frozen fish filets (catfish, haddock, etc.)
* 1/4 lb. bacon or salt pork, diced
* 1 medium onion, chopped
* 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
* 2 cups water
* 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
* 1/4 tsp. pepper
* 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
Thaw frozen fish in refrigerator. Cut into bite-sized pieces. In skillet, saute bacon or salt pork and onion until meat is cooked and onion is golden. Drain and put into Crock Pot with the fish pieces.
Add potatoes, water, salt and pepper. Cover and cook on low for 5 to 8 hours. Add evaporated milk during last hour.
Crockpot Salmon Bake
* 3 cans (16 ounces each) salmon
* 4 cups bread crumbs, soft, about 10 slices of bread
* 1 can tomatoes in puree, about 15 ounces
* 1 green bell pepper, chopped
* 1 tablespoon lemon juice
* 1 can condensed cream of onion soup
* 2 Chicken bouillon cubes, crushed
* 6 Eggs, well beaten
* 1 can condensed cream of celery soup
* 1/2 cup Milk
Generously grease crockpot. Combine all ingredients, except celery soup and milk, in removable liner. Place liner in base. Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 5 hours. Combine cream of celery soup with 1/2 cup of milk and heat in saucepan.
Serve sauce with the salmon casserole.