Friday, September 19, 2008

Show and Tell Friday!


The wonderful Kelli over at "There's no place like home" has started this friday feature, here's what she had to say:

Welcome to Show and Tell Friday!" Do you have a something special to share with us? It could be a trinket from grade school, a piece of jewelry, a new antique find, an old love letter. Use your imagination and dig through those old boxes in your closet if you have to! Feel free to share pictures and if there's a story behind your special something, that's even better!
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

My husband and I are avid sky watchers and we absolutely LOVE astrophotography. We're not great at it, but we have managed to catch some really good shots.

Saturn and you can see the rings on the left side
http://files.myopera.com/bourlandcs/albums/47872/saturn2.jpg

Jupiter and it's moons
http://files.myopera.com/bourlandcs/albums/47872/Jupiter4moons.jpg

Moon
http://files.myopera.com/bourlandcs/albums/47872/Moon8.jpg

Sun spot I caught on camera
Photobucket

Night sky
http://files.myopera.com/bourlandcs/albums/47872/Nightskyedited.jpg

There is nothing like taking the telescopes out on a clear night and watching the sky for hours....we just love it and it's a great family hobby, the kids each have their own little telescope and they enjoy looking for the planets and stars.

25 comments:

Lynn said...

That's really neat. Thanks.

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

You know, this is going to be hard to believe, but I was 53 years old before I ever looked in a telescope. Your pictures are great! Wonderful for your kids.

Tina said...

That shot of the moon is amazing! Those are really great shots :)

Charlotte said...

Beautiful sky pictures. My son got a telescope for Christmas one year when he was a kid. It wasn't a very powerful one, but he enjoyed it.

Tasha said...

kewl pictures i want one

Susan said...

Great shots!!
Susan

Mary said...

Sandra,

These are beautiful shots of the sky. I certainly enjoyed them. Have you ever seen the northern lights (aurora borealis?) I used to see them all the time when I was a kid and millions of stars. Today light pollution hides these wonders from us.

Enjoyed visiting with you.
Blessings,
Mary

Pennies In My Pocket said...

Super cool! Awesome pictures! Makes me want a telescope!

~melody~

smilnsigh said...

How about an update on family health {all better I hope} and your sleep deprivation {which I hope you had the chance to fix, by now}?

Miss M-N

Mari said...

I didn't know you did this. What a neat family hobby!

ROXY said...

How cool!! I will have to show my husband this post. I'm sure he will think it too cool:)

Cheri said...

Love the pictures- I've always been fascinated by space too!

Anonymous said...

wow that's amazing. What fantastic pictures. And what an amazing God who created all this!

Love and hugs.

Sarah x

someone else said...

I LOVE this! Wow!!

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Awesome, Sandra! I love those shots! I am going to share them with Joy as we are beginning a study on astronomy! So I'm going to ask probably a dumb question here, but how did you get such great shots....I know you were looking through the telescope, but how did your camera capture them?

Have a great weekend!
Tammy

Pamela said...

These are amazing pictures!

Anonymous said...

Those are cool shots! Wow! I love the sky-day and night. : )
Thanks for dropping by my blog too.

Wanita said...

Your pictures are great. I think it's wonderful that each of your children have their own telescopes. Not only will they learn a lot, but they'll have wonderful memories of time spent together gazing at the stars.

Thansk for stopping by my blog. I hope you have a great weekend.

Elizabeth said...

Oh, I'm soooo jealous!! Your photos are excellent (like ones I've seen on the NASA site, no joke!). One thinks one sees many stars while living in the city, but last summer when we went camping and looked up at the night sky it was simply awe-inspiring how MANY stars blanket the sky. I am still in the process of learning the names of constellations...our ancestors who named them had incredible imagination in connecting the dots to form animals and gods. I can pick out the Big Dipper without any problem ~~ ha-ha!!

Have a great weekend.
Hugs,
Elizabeth Ann

Wendi said...

That is a cool hobby! Thanks for sharing your fabulous pictures.

Lisa Cobler said...

Those are some really amazing shots! Love the moon pic.

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Wow! Fabulous photography! Thanks for sharing!

Katherine

Missy Wertz said...

Kewl! I have not done night photography since a photography assignment in collage! I never got into it that much. Now with digital, I may have to rethink...

You have some great photos there.

Amy said...

Oh how gorgeous, Sandra!!

Isn't that just amazing... I am going to show my son tomorrow! He loves astronomy and space! Wonderfully made isn't it??

Thanks for those pics... :)

Amy

Gattina said...

Wonderful shots ! I couldn't do that with my small camera !