Thursday, September 04, 2008

Slow Cooking Thursday!

All my slow cooking recipes are now online and starting today, I will add all the recipes shared weekly to my online del.icio.us site too. So if you're wanting to find ALL the slow cooked recipes that have been shared since the first SLOW COOKING THURSDAY, here is the link for you.

Don't forget to add your name to Mr Linky and a link back to your SCT post so others can come by and see your recipe too.


As always, share your slow cooking recipes but if you REALLY REALLY don't have one and still want to participate, then you can share any kind of recipe.


[092407-009.jpg]
Photo courtesy: youneverrecipes

Beer-braised Chicken


4 chicken breast halves
1 can beer - (12 oz)
1/2 bottle chili sauce
4 potatoes -- peeled, and cut into 2" pieces
2 celery stalks -- sliced
4 carrots -- peeled, sliced
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup flour -- mixed with a little
cold water to make a smooth paste
Fresh parsley sprigs for garnish -- (optional)

Combine all ingredients except flour mixture in slow cooker. Cover and cook for 7 to 9 hours on LOW.

Add flour and water paste to the sauce during the last 30 to 45 minutes. Continue cooking, covered until thickened.

Arrange vegetables and meat on large platter. Serve sauce separately. Garnish with parsley.


Photo courtesy: ibakeandcook

Mostaccioli


1 pound Italian sausage
1 large onion
1 cup tomato paste
2 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 box mostaccioli - (16 oz)
1 pound hamburger
1 can tomato sauce - (12 oz)
1 1/4 cup water
1 bay leaf
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon basil

Brown sausage and hamburger and drain off grease. Combine all ingredients, except pasta, in a slow cooker. Cook for 6 hours on LOW heat. Cook pasta in boiling water until tender. Drain and add to sauce.


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have big pasta fans here. I will have to try the mostaccioli.

Thanks for hosting.

MJ

Renee said...

Both of these dishes look and sound delicious! Thanks for hosting.

Misty said...

both sound amazing... I need to use my slowcooker more!

Anonymous said...

"YUMMMMY!! Even in the morning this sound wonderful!! :-)) Thank you for always sharing such amazing recipes with us Sandra.

Love, Jeannene

GranthamLynn said...

The chicken looks and sounds yummy! I will have to try your slow cooking Thursday ideas. Thursday is the day I am gone all day playing with the baby. I need some help when I get home with the
meal! Thanks for sharing.
Smiles,
Sherry

Pennies In My Pocket said...

Your mostaccioli looks FABULOUS!!! About how many do you think that would serve? We are having a party on Sunday and serving Italian...I'd love to add this to the menu, but need to know how much more to add. We're going to have 10 adults and 6 kids.

I posted my most favorite dish this week! :-)

~melody~

Michelle said...

yummy the two recipes sound so good..I know that I"m missing from the links ,We had Baby A here today and temper tantrums ( mckenna not me)so i'm feeling shattered...

Barbara said...

Oh I love mostaccioli and haven't had it in so long. I really need to cook with my slow cooker more. I never think about it in the summer. Since fall's here I'll have to join in with some recipes :)

Mari said...

More good recipes! The mostaccioli looks like a winner at our house!

Jared said...

That beer braised chicken is looking mighty fine.

Thanks for the recipe Sandra!