Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Slow Cooking Thursday!

All my slow cooking recipes are now online and starting today, I will add all the recipes shared weekly to my online del.icio.us site too. So if you're wanting to find ALL the slow cooked recipes that have been shared since the first SLOW COOKING THURSDAY, here is the link for you.

Don't forget to add your name to Mr Linky and a link back to your SCT post so others can come by and see your recipe too.


As always, share your slow cooking recipes but if you REALLY REALLY don't have one and still want to participate, then you can share any kind of recipe.



Open Faced Pizza Joes

1 1/2 lb Italian sausage
1 medium onion -- chopped
1 green bell pepper -- chopped
4 1/2 ounces sliced mushrooms -- drained
6 ounces tomato paste
15 ounces pizza sauce
9 1/2 ounces frozen herb or cheese Texas Toast
3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

In large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Drain. In 3 1/2 to 4 quart slow cooker, combine cooked sausage, onion, bell pepper, mushrooms and tomato paste; mix well. Top with pizza sauce. Cover; cook on low setting for 6 to 8 hours. About 10 minutes before serving, heat toast as directed on package. Stir sausage mixture. Spoon about 3/4 cup sausage mixture onto each warm toast slice. Sprinkle each with 2 tablespoons cheese.
If desired, place the assembled pizzas under a broiler for a few minutes to melt and lightly brown the cheese.


17 comments:

Anonymous said...

My mouth is watering now. They look yummy!!

I've put some of my old farmhouse dream home pictures on my blog (with links to interior shots), thought you might enjoy them. None of them are thatched like your dream cottage (we don't get thatched in my area) but thought you might enjoy anyway.

Hugs n' love

Sarah x

Anonymous said...

Looks tasty! Thanks for hosting!

MJ

Jen said...

They look so good! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I'm always looking for great slow cooker recipes, especially in the fall and winter. Thanks so much for this!

Anonymous said...

"YUMMMY!!!"

can I come over and eat with you?? I hope you are having a great week so far Sandra!

Big hugs,
Jeannene

Kristie said...

Most definitely going to try these soon. I love crockpot meals. I've posted one on my blog as well.
~Kristie

Renee said...

Looks delicious!!

Michelle said...

Oh Sandra.As Always you're a beautiful woman for the recipes and hosting as always..I'll be better organized for next week and Sct. ;-)

threesidesofcrazy said...

Whoa - those look awesome!! I can smell them from here!

Jen said...

These melts look like a keeper...comfort food...thats what I'm talkin about. I'm saving this one too girl.

Anonymous said...

Sandra...
When I first came to your blog you had a slow cook dessert up, I cant remember what it was called or where it is now, but it had chocolate and peanut butter chips in it. Do you remember it and can you post the link to it?
Thanks
Tanna

Mari said...

Yummy - this is a must try!

Blessed Beyond said...

Thank you so much for hosting this awesome way to grow one's recipes. I am honored to start doing this. YOurs sounds so yummy! We will have to make them! We love italian sausage. Thank you for the sweet comment on my page too. It was really nice of you! Hugs and Blessings,

Anonymous said...

That recipe looks yummy. I will have to try it on my husband. I am always looking for quick meals to make for him. Thanks for sharing!

Amanda said...

I just wanted to stop in and say hello. I actually found out about your blog back in April when I started mine. The reason I found yours is you used the name I wanted (familycorner). LOL! The reason I chose familycorner is because I own the website www.familycorner.com and therefore I use that as my username everywhere. I ended up naming mine something else of course, but ever since then I have received Google alerts whenever you post. I have always enjoyed the Slow Cooking Thursday posts but haven't participated (yet). Just wanted to finally say hello and tell you that your blog is lovely! I especially like the English cottage pictures. I was born in England and still have family there but haven't been back in many, many years. maybe some day! Have a great day :)

ROXY said...

Love your blog Sandra! Just added it to my Google reader. I am a huge crock pot fan and will certainly be partaking in the festivities each Thursday!! What a great idea!! Thanks for visiting my blog and I hope to see you again there soon:)

Anonymous said...

This sounds FANTASTIC! I'm just getting into really using my crock pot, but I've posted my most recent conquests!