Monday, September 22, 2008

Tips on Tuesday!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Do you have a tip on cooking, cleaning, homemaking, kids, marriage, travel or anything that you would love to share? Feel free to join in!

http://i.ehow.com/images/GlobalPhoto/Articles/2102028/wintersquash-main_Full.jpg

I LOVE squash but I used to hate buying it just because it's kind of hard to cut into for cooking. Well, that was until I ran across this tip in one of my cookbooks.

♥♥Hard-shelled fall squash can be difficult to cut for cooking. Do it the easy way, in the microwave. Cook the whole squash on high setting for 5 minutes, pierce with a knife tip to check for tenderness and cook a few more minutes as needed. Cool, cut in half and scoop out seeds....simple!♥♥

http://img.timeinc.net/recipes/i/may1/freezer-1602670-l.jpg

Freezing meals is a great idea but how many times do you end up looking for a casserole dish only to realize it's holding that lasagna in the freezer?

♥♥Here's a great tip....line the dish with aluminum foil, bake a casserole, wrap and freeze....lift out the frozen casserole and return the dish to the cupboard. To serve, slip the casserole back in to the same dish and bake.♥♥

http://hostedmedia.reimanpub.com/TOH/Images/Photos/37/exps13731_CB1217C1.jpg

Having Taco Salad for dinner and want to set up an array of toppings?

♥♥Fill a muffin tin with fixings like sliced black olives, chopped green onion and diced avocado....everyone can top their own taco salad to their liking. I've done the same thing but using toppings for Tacos....shredded lettuce, shredded cheese, sour cream, chopped tomatoes etc.

16 comments:

Mari said...

I've used the tip about lining pans with foil and it works well!

Misty said...

i love squash... mmm...

Great tips!

and thank you for your lovely comment. It truly touched me! I hope you will come back and join our October swap!

Cathy said...

Super Super GREAT tips! Thanks so much for sharing!

Lavinia said...

Wow, these are very useful! Thanks especially for the taco topping tip....what a great idea and makes cleanup so much easier than cleaning all those individual bowls.....

Karen said...

Great tip on the squash! I have an acorn squash sitting on the counter in the kitchen, and I'm going to try cooking it in the microwave. I love squash, but cooking it seems to be a pain. Thanks for the tip!

Kelly said...

Hello Miss Sandra,
Just stopping by to invite you to sign up for the Autumn Give Away I am having!
Beautiful Blessings~Kelly Maria

Cheri said...

I love the foil lined tip- it does work really great!

Susanne said...

What great tips! I love squash and the micro works great to soften them enough to cut!

Our neck of the woods said...

Thank you for the casserole freezing tip. I can't wait to try it!

gail@more than a song said...

What a great idea for the muffin tin for taco salad! I've done the freezing thing before, and good reminder about the squash. I eyed them in the store last time so will get some later and try it.

Barbara said...

I love the casserole tip, I've never tried that. I'm revamping my menu planning, I'll have to keep that in mind as I do this.

Unknown said...

Never tried the squash thing but its worth a try, now the seasons is here. I like the "tips for tuesday" I'll enter next week its a little late this time. LOL

Barbara said...

Ok, mine's up now! :)

Fall Decorating Tips for the Kitchen

Renee said...

Thanks for these great tips!

crystal said...

Great tips! My only tips to share are what NOT to do...

ahem.

Is that your freezer? If so, I have serious organizational-envy.

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

I would love to join in but I can't find Mr. Linky!