Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Tips on Tuesday!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Do you have a tip on cooking, cleaning, homemaking, kids, marriage, travel or anything that you would love to share? Feel free to join in!

http://www.edining.ca/pictures/Beef%20Penne%20Pasta%20Casserole.jpg

♥♥Here's a handy tip to keep casseroles from bubbling over...just slide a toothpick between the casserole dish and the lid. The steam escapes and the oven stays clean!♥♥

http://badbanana.typepad.com/weblog/images/2007/12/15/1.png

♥♥Fill an old copper boiler with water and float apple candles inside for a beautiful fall decoration. The candles are easy to make....just hollow out an apple and tuck a votive inside.♥♥


♥♥For nostalgic lanterns that glow like fireflies, use milk glass jelly jars. Wrap a piece of 14-gauge wire securely around the neck of each jar and then bring the ends up and twist together to make a loop♥♥

12 comments:

Barbara said...

Mine's up! :)
Tips on Tuesday - Butter Bell

Lisa Cobler said...

Great tips! Love the casserole tip!

Steve and Eden said...

cool tips, do u do this every tuesday? i might have to come up with some tips.

Cheri said...

The toothpick tip is brilliant.

Mari said...

Great ideas! I bet those apple candles are cute!

Unknown said...

I have no tips, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE your autumn header.

Do you actually have those candles in your house? They're beautiful.

Renee said...

What great tips! Thanks for sharing.

Pennies In My Pocket said...

FABULOUS tips! I never thought of that with the toothpick! Oh and those lanterns are gorgeous!

~melody~

Krista said...

I don't have a tip today. I just can't seem to make my mind work, but I love your tips, and those candles are gorgeous.

Unknown said...

The lanterns are so pretty and what a cute idea for the apple candles.. Great ideas, Thanks Sandra

Lavinia said...

I love the first two ideas. But I usually cook my casseroles with just foil over top. I don't think I've ever been in the same hemishpere as a milk glass jelly jar but they sure do look nice...

Barbara said...

I'm wondering where you can find jelly jars like that. Do you have any resources Sandra?