All my slow cooking recipes are now online and starting today, I will add all the recipes shared weekly to my online del.icio.us site too. So if you're wanting to find ALL the slow cooked recipes that have been shared since the first SLOW COOKING THURSDAY, here is the link for you.
Don't forget to add your name to Mr Linky and a link back to your SCT post so others can come by and see your recipe too.
As always, share your slow cooking recipes but if you REALLY REALLY don't have one and still want to participate, then you can share any kind of recipe.
Did you know:
* Very light colored sweet potatoes are not as sweet and are drier than the darker-skin ones.
* Darker skinned sweet potatoes are by contrast moist and sweet when cooked.
Slow Cooker Sweet Potatoes
* 6 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch chunks
* 1 1/2 c applesauce (cinnamon flavored is good as well)
* 4 tbls butter melted
* 1 tsp ground cinnamon - or less if you used cinnamon flavored applesauce - I go by my "nose."
* 1/2 c chopped nuts - walnuts are great as are pecans - toast for extra flavor first
1. Place sweet potatoes in a slow cooker, at least 3 qts (Double everything if cooking for a crowd )
2. Mix ingredients and pour over potatoes. Do not add water, keep covered and it will make it's own steam.
3. Cover and cook 6 - hours until potatoes are very tender.
4. Sprinkle with nuts before serving - do not add nuts before then, as they could get soft.