Christmas Spirit!5:57 PM
My sweet bloggy friend Susanne over at "Living to Tell the Story" tagged me for this meme/award combo. Thank you Susanne :)
5 Things I Love About Christmas
1. Christmas Tree - There is something magical about the tree when it's lit up, especially at night. I absolutely love turning all the lights off and leaving just the tree with it's pretty wrapped presents underneath and allowing it to illuminate the whole living room. It's not the first time that I've been caught laying underneath the tree, just staring up into the twinkling lights.
2. Christmas Baking - The hours spent in the kitchen on Christmas Eve are my favorite. It brings back so many wonderful memories from my childhood. After breakfast on Christmas Eve, the family members would start arriving at my dad's house and the kitchen would be buzzing with moms and grandmas cooking up amazing meals and yummy treats. The whole day was a mixture of excitement, last minute gift wrapping and the scent of delicious meals wafting throughout the house.
3. Christmas Snow - One of the things I miss the most from Idaho are the wonderful holiday snow storms, standing in the kitchen with a cup of hot coffee in my hand and looking out the window as the snow falls and Christmas music plays in the background.
4. Christmas Movies - Sitting down in front of the tv with my husband and children, cuddled in blankets and with bowls of popcorn on our laps while sipping on hot cocoa. The old movies, the new ones, anything Christmas, especially the ones on the Hallmark Channel and Lifetime. Love it.
5. Christmas Mail - Is there anything better than getting beautiful cards from friends and family? The whole month of December I literally wait in anticipation for the mailman to come, then run to the mailbox as fast as I can. I love displaying the cards near the Christmas Tree and knowing that somewhere near or far, another friend or family member is thinking of us.
I'm passing this Spirit of Christmas Award/Meme Combo to the following wonderful ladies who have made blogging such a joy to me.
Mari - My Little Corner of the World
Amy - The Joy of my Heart
Eden - The Khaje Khronicles
Sarah - Another Bend in the Road
Cheri - Just Another Day in Paradise
Roberta Anne - Little House in the Desert
Sherry - The Journey Back
Renee - 2 Peas in a Pod
Tamy - 3 Sides of Crazy
Elizabeth - Turtle Cottage