Slow Cooking Thursday!7:27 AM
All my slow cooking recipes are now online and starting today, I will add all the recipes shared weekly to my online del.icio.us site too. So if you're wanting to find ALL the slow cooked recipes that have been shared since the first SLOW COOKING THURSDAY, here is the link for you.
Don't forget to add your name to Mr Linky and a link back to your SCT post so others can come by and see your recipe too.
As always, share your slow cooking recipes but if you REALLY REALLY don't have one and still want to participate, then you can share any kind of recipe.
SMASHED POTATO SOUP
Better Home and Gardens
* 3-1/2 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
* 1/2 cup chopped yellow and/or red sweet pepper
* 1-1/2 teaspoons bottled roasted garlic
* 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 4-1/2 cups chicken broth
* 1/2 cup whipping cream, half-and-half, or light cream
* 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
* 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
* Sliced green onions ((optional)
1. In a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker, combine potatoes, sweet pepper, garlic, and black pepper. Pour broth over all.
2. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.
3. Mash potatoes slightly with a potato masher. Stir in whipping cream, cheddar cheese, and the 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions. If desired, top individual servings with additional sliced green onions. Makes 8 servings.