Monday, August 23, 2010

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - August 23}

HHM
New HHM banner


The weather in my neck of the woods:
Still really warm here, it's around this time of the year that I start missing Idaho and the cooler temps.


Things that make me happy:
Being an Aunt


Book I'm reading:
Sookie Stackhouse Series by Charlaine Harries


What I'm enjoying on TV:
Haven on SyFy
True Blood on HBO
Pillars of the Earth


On the menu for dinner:
Beef and Cheese Empanadas


On my To Do List:
Ironing
Put away clean laundry
Sweep and Mop


New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
Fried Zucchini....yum.


In the craft basket:
Granny Stripe Crochet Blanket.


Looking forward to this week:
New Ghost Hunters Season starting on Wednesday.....does that count?


Tips and Tricks:
MOSQUITO BITES: Apply lime juice diluted with water on bites with cotton ball.


My favorite blog post this week:
I just hit Mark All as Read on my Google Reader, I have fallen behind on reading and there's no way I'll get through 1000 + posts.


Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
^^^^^^^ Read post above


No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):

Chocolate Chip Cookies


Lesson learned the past few days:

Align CenterSame thing I learn every year when the kids start school.....that I can't protect them from the germs no matter how much I try. They've only been at school for two weeks and already I have one with sore throat, sniffles and cough. BLECH!


On my mind:
My kids not feeling too good, they're well enough to go to school but I just hope they get better soon. I hate seeing them not well.


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
What causes fights and quarrels among you? Don't they come from your desires that battle within you? You want something but don't get it. You kill and covet, but you cannot have what you want. You quarrel and fight. You do not have, because you do not ask God. When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures.
James 4:1-3

No comments: