Monday, August 02, 2010

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - August 2 }

You know, this thing of being on different time zones is just so frustrating. I apologize for those on the East Coast who have to wait so long for this post to go up, I really should start setting it up the night before.

HHM
New HHM banner


The weather in my neck of the woods:
We had quite a bit of rain the past few days and I loved every single minute of it. Looks like today we're back to blue skies, at least for now, maybe more rain this afternoon.


Things that make me happy:
Taking time for myself


Book I'm reading:
Nothing at the moment


What I'm enjoying on TV:
Bones - Season 1
Sons of Anarchy - Season 1


On the menu for dinner:
Swedish Meatballs


On my To Do List:
Put away the 3 baskets of laundry that I just folded
Bathrooms


New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
I made a delicious Fried Chicken with Milk Gravy. The recipe is going up on the food blog as soon as I'm done with this post.


In the craft basket:
Granny Stripe Crochet Blanket.


Looking forward to this week:
Mommy Corner in the mornings. My friends and I usually drop the kids off at school and then stay and chat for a while, it feels good to have mommy conversations and I've missed that this summer.


Tips and Tricks:
Stains from fruit (including wine and tomato sauce) on washable fabrics disappear instantly when you pour boiling water over them in a bowl or basin.


My favorite blog post this week:
Been so busy this past week, I haven't done any blog reading.


Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
^^^^^^^ Read post above


No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):

2010_08010035


Lesson learned the past few days:

Align CenterThat I can't be there for my family and take care of things around the house, if I'm not taking care of myself. I'm no good to anyone if I'm unwell, so I need to constantly remind myself to take time out, to relax and to make myself better so that I can be the wife and mom my family needs and deserves.


On my mind:
School starting on the 9th


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
"In the day of my trouble I will call to you,
for you will answer me."
Psalm (86:7)

No comments: