Monday, August 09, 2010

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - August 9}

HHM
New HHM banner


The weather in my neck of the woods:
Sunny but a little windy.


Things that make me happy:
Food....but you knew that right?


Book I'm reading:
The Vampire Diaries The Fury and Dark Reunion by L.J. Smith
Sookie Stackhouse Series by Charlaine Harries


What I'm enjoying on TV:
Haven on SyFy
True Blood on HBO
Pretty Little Liars


On the menu for dinner:
Butter Chicken


On my To Do List:
Put away clean laundry
Get books ready to be mailed


New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
Last week was all about new recipes and boy were there some delicious ones. You can check them out at Full Bellies, Happy Kids.....Cheesy Beef and Bacon Burger Meatloaf and Chili with Corn Dumplings.


In the craft basket:
Granny Stripe Crochet Blanket.


Looking forward to this week:
My kids returning to school today, looking forward to some quiet time in the house but I'm also going to miss them terribly.


Tips and Tricks:
You know how you take some pictures with your digital camera and sometimes you want to enhance them a bit, but finding the best and nicest looking actions for Photoshop can sometimes be a little difficult. Where here is a link with a few that you can download and start enhancing your photos.


My favorite blog post this week:
I did no blog reading last week, you all know that our family had some tough days and I honestly didn't have the inkling to go online and blog hop.


Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
^^^^^^^ Read post above


No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):

2010_08060002


Lesson learned the past few days:

Align CenterTo let go and let God. It's so tough when you're faced with a situation where you feel completely helpless and need some comfort, but I've learned over the years to really stop trying to do things on my own and to put all my problems and my fears and worries in the Lord, ESPECIALLY during those tough times. He always comes through.


On my mind:
My kids at school, hoping they have a great first day and hoping they have a wonderful school year.


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
Let justice roll on like a river, righteousness like a never-failing stream!
Amos 5:24

No comments: