Monday, September 24, 2012

Happy Homemaker Monday #36

Good morning everyone :)

I must say, I wasn't quite ready to get up when that alarm went off, would have been perfectly happy with another hour or so of sleep.  But there are things to do and it's time to get going right?

Here's today's Happy Homemaker Monday.  Again, I have to ask you to please NOT link to this if it's not a Happy Homemaker Monday post.  I spend a lot of time deleting posts for recipes and other random things that are not related to this feature.  Thanks!

Note:  After typing the above my laptop keyboard went beserk and started typing 2 letters stuck together, I don't know what the problem is, but I may need to take it in.  I'm using my son's laptop to type this out....ugh!



happyhomemakermonday
If you want to save and use the new button, just click here.

The Weather:::
Still hitting the triple digits....I'm not sure Arizona knows what Fall weather is. 

On my reading pile:::
Finishing up The Widow of Larkspur Inn on my Kindle, still liking it, sort of...I don't know but it got halfway through the book and I just don't know if I'm liking it. 

On my tv:::
My Monday usually consists of the same shows, unless there's something new.
Hell on Wheels Episode 6
My Portuguese soaps (Doce Tentacao, Louco Amor, Tempo de Viver)
Copper
Warehouse 13 Tonight

On the menu for this week:::
Monday -  Tamale Pie
Tuesday -  One dish chicken and rice
Wednesday -  Tacos
Thursday - Ham and Cheese Sliders
Friday -  Homemade Pizza
Saturday -  Chili Dogs
Sunday  -  Onion and Potato Soup, Grilled Cheese Sandwiches

On my to do list:::
Homeschooling
Laundry
 
What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Finished the front of the Mini Hexagon Pillow....already started the back, so hoping to finish that some time today.

Homemaking Tips:::
I have nothing today....drawing a complete blank.

Looking around the house:::
It's very quiet.  Hubby has left for work, the kids and the pugs are asleep.  I am sitting at the desk with my lamp turned on as it's still dark outside.  The living room needs a little picking up from the weekend and my rug needs to be vacuumed again.  Kitchen is clean, just breakfast dishes in the sink.
From the camera:::
Here's one of my favorite pictures from last week :)

2012_09210002
 
On my prayer list:::
Friends and family going through a hard time right now.
My computer, so that I can fix it and not have to take it in, it's an expense we can't really afford right now.

Bible verse, Devotional:::
Now I, Nebuchadnezzar, praise and exalt and glorify the King of heaven, because everything he does is right and all his ways are just. And those who walk in pride he is able to humble.
Daniel 4:37



13 comments:

Whitney @ My Southern Comfort said...

I know exactly how you feel about the alarm clock!! and I'm sorry about your triple digit weather! I lived with my dad in Phoenix, for the month of June, while he did some contract work for a hospital. I personally loved the weather because it wasn't as humid as Alabama. Hope you have a great week and your computer gets fixed! :)

Mary said...

I love that mug cozy! Very cute :)

Felicia said...

Yikes, triple digit weather and I though Louisiana was bad this time of year. I can't wait for cooler weather, I am ready for sweaters and boots!

I had my letters sticking once before and used a lightly damp q-tip of rubbing alcohol (because it evaporates really fast) and pressed down with the q-tip around the keys that were sticking to help clean them out. Worked wonders.

Good luck and enjoy your week.

Conny said...

hope your computer problem gets resolved soon and without too much complications! that's frustrating :(

Tina Leigh said...

Oh I'm loving Copper & so is my husband. Really ticked that I can't watch Hell on Wheels. Wonderful Dish Network dropped the channel this summer. I've also enjoyed the first season of Perception and I'm liking Major Crimes too.

Christy said...

Hi Sandra, I always look forward to reading your posts. Your attitude is contagious, and I am grateful. My keyboard has been acting up too. If you figure out what to do, please let us know! I have been using my wireless keyboard, which works fine, thank goodness.

Kathy Skinner (Kat) said...

Oh how I hate the alarm clock; rarely ever use it. However hubby had to get up at 3:30 this am so got to wake up to it:( Your tea cozy is adorable--love the picture! Dear Nebuchadnezzar was speaking from a very humbling position! Have a great week Sandra!

Andrea said...

I miss living in a place that has seasons. The three days a year it rains in San Diego are 'winter' and the rest of the time its just summer. Its hard to enjoy hot cocoa and spice cake when its 95 degrees out.

Andrea said...

I miss living in a place that has seasons. The three days a year it rains in San Diego are 'winter' and the rest of the time its just summer. Its hard to enjoy hot cocoa and spice cake when its 95 degrees out.

Unknown said...

I can't imagine seeing 100-degree heat in late September. Ugh you poor thing! I bet you can't wait to get back to Idaho!!! :)

Sherry

Unknown said...

I just wanted to say that I love your blog! Have a great day!!

Carol said...

I sympathize with your compute issues. I never have good luck with electronics! Did you blow some air around the keys? Maybe there's a crumb or a dust bunny stuck in there. Hope it is an easy fix!

Packers and movers said...

How incredibly exciting and daunting I'm sure! Congratulations on this wonderful opportunity. I'm sure your family will form forever memories in your new home and I, for one, am excited to travel vicariously through you! Best of luck for a safe and joyous move!

Packers Movers Pune